What's new

Babies always Asian looking ?

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
My buddy just had a new baby and with the mom being half Korean, the baby is brown eyed, dark haired, Asian looking(Sooooo cute). It got me to thinking about every couple I know who have one parent with Asian blood, the baby looks very Asian. It seems any Asian genes in the family tree, and the child looks Asian. I was wondering, is it possible for a couple with one parent being Asian to have a green eyed or blue eyed child with red or blond hair. Anyone know of that happening? I don't mean to sound racist, I just wonder if it is possible.

Uncle Frank

:?

Frank D. White said:
My buddy just had a new baby and with the mom being half Korean, the baby is brown eyed, dark haired, Asian looking(Sooooo cute). It got me to thinking about every couple I know who have one parent with Asian blood, the baby looks very Asian. It seems any Asian genes in the family tree, and the child looks Asian.

Uncle Frank

Not neccesarily,one family ( pure Taiwan aborigine-origin ) friend's 100% Asian-looking Amerasian daughter married to a blonde and blue-eyed American guy with their first child-son looked 99.9% European descent.Yes,he has blonde hair and blue eyes inherited from his father's genes.

Frank D. White said:
It got me to thinking about every couple I know who have one parent with Asian blood,the baby looks very Asian.It seems any Asian genes in the family tree,and the child looks Asian. :?

Uncle Frank

Based on my observations of many years in contacts with White/Asian married couples,Eurasian children most likely turn out Asian-looking if the Asian mothers have darker complexion whereas with fair-skinned Asian mothers are more white-European to nearly European-looking.

Last edited:
Frank D. White said:
My buddy just had a new baby and with the mom being half Korean, the baby is brown eyed, dark haired, Asian looking(Sooooo cute). It got me to thinking about every couple I know who have one parent with Asian blood, the baby looks very Asian. It seems any Asian genes in the family tree, and the child looks Asian. I was wondering, is it possible for a couple with one parent being Asian to have a green eyed or blue eyed child with red or blond hair. Anyone know of that happening? I don't mean to sound racist, I just wonder if it is possible.

Uncle Frank

:?
Hi, Frank

i think it's kinda subjective --the looking-- depends on where the babies live.
i mean, among the caucasians, the baby will look asian; among asians, the baby will look caucasians. and still cute :)

know a couple live in US, wife is american woman with blond hair, husband is asian. the daughter got white skin, blond hair and black/dark brown eyes.
i always think the kids always got the best part of both parents. in most of the case, the kid got asian skin, brown eyes, caucasian nose (straight, strong and more pointy) and some got totally asian face with strong noticeable bone (cheek, chin etc) with bluish/greyish eyes....i think any 'combinations' will anyhow turns out -- Great Looking..:)

When my first child was born, my wife and I both had the same reaction; "My God! You've given birth to a white child!"

His hair was almost as red as mine, his skin as pale as mine. It took a few months for him to begin to show signs of not having two caucasian parents. Same was true for my daughter.

My baby cousin is Japanese and Black mix. My Older cousin has fairly light skin, dirtyblonde hair and hazel eyes. The baby has Yellowish skin, dark hair and light brown almond shaped eyes. So he has a good mix of both parents.

Although I have a cousin who on her dad's side her grandmother was chinese. And even though it was like 3 generations ago she still has asian eyes.

Timey said:
i always think the kids always got the best part of both parents.

The "best" part.....

So certain physical traits typical of one race are more desireable than those of another race and we get the benefit of playing Mr. Potato Head?

i think any 'combinations' will anyhow turns out -- Great Looking..:)

I think I may safely speak for other parents of ニ地ツーニ稚 when I say that nothing is more tiresome or exasperating than that particular sentiment.

This brings back one childhood memory,my eldest sister babysitted several times for our mother's Mah-Jong ( Chinese ) acquintance's 100% white-European blonde and blue-eyed looking 4 year old son Phillip at our home.It was conservative 1970's back then in Hong Kong,our mother had to remind my sister not to take him outside in fear Phillip could've been mistaken for her child unwarrantly led to neighbors' suspicion of her being a **** or a kept bar-girl/***** of whiteman ( worst American GI ).Seriously,she could've been blacklisted and wrote-off as decent potential marriage prospect for fine young men from good family.

Many years ago,my mother visited the family in the US.She met Phillip's younger sister Wendy who was also 100% White-European blonde and blue-eyed looking American white girl,that was what our mom told us.

Last edited:
kirby36 said:
This brings back one childhood memory,my eldest sister babysitted several times for our mother's Mah-Jong acquintance's 100% White-European blonde and blue-eyed looking 4 year old son Phillip at our home.It was in the consersative 1970's,our mother had to remind my sister not to take him outside otherwise Phillip could've been mistaken as her child can lead to neighbors' suspicion of her being a **** or kept bar-girl/***** of whiteman or worst American GI.Seriously,she could've been blacklisted and wrote-off as decent potential marriage prospect.
Many years ago,my mother visited the family in the USA.She met Phillip's younger sister Wendy who was also 100% White-European blonde and blue-eyed looking 12 year-old American White girl,that was what our mom told us.

You left out information important to understanding your post:

1. The race of your sister
2. The actual race (not appearance) of Phillip and Wendy.

Mike Cash said:
1. The race of your sister
2. The actual race (not appearance) of Phillip and Wendy.

My family is full blood Chinese from Hong Kong

Father of both Phillip and Wendy is White-American of mostly UK origins

Mike Cash said:
The "best" part.....

So certain physical traits typical of one race are more desireable than those of another race and we get the benefit of playing Mr. Potato Head?

I think I may safely speak for other parents of ニ地ツーニ稚 when I say that nothing is more tiresome or exasperating than that particular sentiment.
naaahh....the 'best' part got nothing to do with the 'race', hunny
it's something subjective to all parents..
the wifey can say : "hope my baby will get the eyes like me and the nose like the daddy" and the hubby can say: " i'd prefer she got my chin and not my allergic to cat stuff.."
of course, sometimes it eventually went to the physical term which differ both parents that'll easily misleading people to look at it as something to do with 'race'.
well...if it's really something to do with any 'desirable race', guess they won't be marrying each other, right ?

i guess your post above was meant to be sarcastic...? anyhow, i dun really get the sarcasm though..and what the hell is 'mr potato head' ??:?

I'm caucasian(fair skinned, brown hair and eyes) and my husband is Japanese. We have three sons and they don't even really favor each other at all.

My oldest son: Has the Japanese coloring, dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair and also has an "Asian"-shaped face(so my husband says). His eyes are round, though, and he has long eyelashes like me. Muscular build.

Middle son: Fair skinned, dark eyes, lighter hair, but has the more almond shaped eyes and has a small build.

Youngest son: Same as the oldest, except looks nothing like him(if that makes any sense). He looks most like his dad, but still has caucasian characteristics like big, round eyes. He also has the small frame. He can eat like a horse, but stays tiny.

Anyway, they are all pretty cute and are a good combination, I think. :p

Timey said:
naaahh....the 'best' part got nothing to do with the 'race', hunny

Then perhaps you shouldn't have presented it that way, darling.

i guess your post above was meant to be sarcastic...? anyhow, i dun really get the sarcasm though..and what the hell is 'mr potato head' ??:?

You shouldn't feel bad about not getting the sarcasm; there was none present.

Mr. Potato Head:
mr potato head - Google Search

from what little i remember of biology methinks that brown eyes/hair is a more stronger chromosone than blonde hair/blue eyes... im not saying thats 100% or even close but thats what i remember ^_^ hehe hence i guess why brown hair/eyes aregenerally more prevelant... *shrugs*

Mike Cash said:
Then perhaps you shouldn't have presented it that way, darling.

You shouldn't feel bad about not getting the sarcasm; there was none present.

Mr. Potato Head:
mr potato head - Google Search

ok..so i guess i owe an apology if i've offended any poster somehow
it wasn't meant to be like that---not an excuse though, am not english native speaker..so..i guess the nuance..

anyway..yeah..luv the mr potatohead..😊

Blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin is a recessive trait, that means in most cases, presented with another option, the other option is dominant and the person takes on those characteristics.

Which is why in most cases you will note when a white person pairs off with a darker person, the child ussually looks darker then the white parent.

Of course its entirely possible (though a little less likely) for a child to receive two recessive copies of a trait from both parents, leading to blonde and blue eyes and such, especially when both parents have these reccessive traits in the family.

Its interesting to note that even light skinned asians have more in common with black people then white I think, I cant remember it entirely but I saw on TV somewhere, or perhaps read it, that white folk had a unique mutation for their skin pigmentation, so basically while asians had a lighter form of the same genetic code for skin pigmentation that blacks had, europeans had a different mutation of it.

Meh, I was a whizz at biology and stuff but, you probably wanna consult a dedicated employed geneticist/student about it.

I've tried to inform my ladeh that in all likely hood our children will look fairly asian, at the least, they wont be blond or blue eyed, as far as I know there are no blondes in my family, especially not near family.

Though its entirely possible for the blonde trait and blue eye trait to remain hidden for entire generations.

Also has anyone noticed that if it does occur, blnode hair and brown or dark eyes are downright rare?.

I wanted green eyes myself but I got lumped with a reddish brown, kinda like a fox.

My hair is just a dark brown, kinda boring really, though i do have that "eat tons and not get fat" gene.

I'm also known to be quite warm (body heat wise not emotionally :p) which is okay in winter but it kills me in a warm summer.

Frank D. White said:
It got me to thinking about every couple I know who have one parent with Asian blood,the baby looks very Asian. :?

Uncle Frank

I now recall,I met a fair-skinned very pretty Taiwan-born mainland Northern Chinese descent in her late 20's with white-American husband at a friend's party.Their 2 year-old son had " cookie-cutter " face of his brown-haired and brown-eyed father of white-European ancestry.

That little white boy barely looked Asian to anyone. 😍

Frank D. White said:
I was wondering, is it possible for a couple with one parent being Asian to have a green eyed or blue eyed child with red or blond hair.

Uncle Frank

My freshman year at Sunnyvale High in early 1980's,there was one class-mate in my art class for one semester.She volunteerily said to me,her mother was (HK) Chinese and father was Canadian-born white European descent.This was one 99.5% white-European looking Eurasian 17 year old light brown-haired white-American girl with beautiful sparkling " blueish hazel eyes " as I can remember vividly after all these years.

I'm half white half Japanese. Until I was about 4 or 5 years old, I had blonde hair. Most people are absolutely shocked upon seeing my baby pictures. Now my hair is extremely dark, but not quite black and definitely not that Asian silky stuff...its pretty coarse, and not even much like my dad's (who is white).

People on the street would identify me as purely white, though I definitely have much of my mom's facial structure. But without that nice black hair, I could never pass as Japanese.

As for eyes? I've never seen any half Asian without dark eyes.

hehe
First post, after lurking on here forever.
Im German / Swedish / Norwegian.
Light-skinned, Blond hair.
My ex-wife is Ukrainian / Venezuelan
Dark-skinned, dark hair & petite
My 11 y/o daughter has dark skin, BLOND hair, legs up to "here" + *ahem* BOOBS (and I'm not talking "training bra" here).
Two Observatons:
1. Sometimes nature can trump science.
2. I'm SO screwed.

very cute amazing baby!^^

hello! my friend is full japanese and her and her husband hae a childwho is now about 4 years old and he is amazingly cute! he had curly ginger hair, very pale skin, and dark green-ish brown eyes! just thought i'd mention it! ^^

I'm on the line of Timey and Nuri here. :p

Of course, a child wouldn't necessarily favour an Asian parent in looks. But brown eyes and dark hair are both dominant genetic traits. So for a child half-Asian to have blue eyes, its Asian parent must have one (recessive) blue-eyed gene - and then the child must get that gene from its Asian parent and another blue-eyed gene from its non-Asian parent.
There's a better explanation here.

Since more Asian people are brown-eyed, and until relatively recently tended to breed (for want of a better word) with other brown-eyed people of the same or neighbouring race, it's less likely for an Asian person to have one recessive blue-eye gene to pass on to his/her child. The same applies to hair colour.

However, as your experiences testify, sometimes a child will strongly resemble its non-Asian parent. 😌

Back
Top Bottom