What's new

Are there colorful parrots in Japan?

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
I don't remember well, but I think years ago I read in a magazine that a lot of colorful parrots are in Japan. The population of the parrots is very high and they are seen in every city of Japan instead of crows.

I'm interested to have a few colorful parrots so that I can breed and reproduce them.

These are the breed of colorful carrots that I love :

istock-000006766776-large.jpg

istock-000006766776-large.jpg

close-up-of-gold-and-blue-macaw-perching-on-tree-962288862-5b50073e46e0fb0037c23c23.jpg

Are the Japanese parrots in this size, shape and color, or they are different?

Thank you

Tokyo does apparently have a population of feral parakeets that are descendants of pet birds set loose after a boost in popularity in the 1960's and 70's. Like most pet trends, the people who bought the birds unanticipated pretty much every aspect of pet ownership, which led to a large number of abandoned birds that are now feral. To my knowledge they have not replaced crows, in Tokyo or anywhere else.

The birds in your photos are Macaw, native to Central America. They are certainly not flying wild around Japan in large numbers, if at all. Macaw are expensive birds, fetching $1,000-2,000 apiece, so if there were wild macaw flying around, they wouldn't be wild for long because people would probably be trying to catch them.

Thank you nice gaijin for your comment. It was clear and I enlightened. I also remembered the article that I read years ago, a little more. Yes, I think it was in the article; the parrots ( and you mentioned bird) were imported to Japan and then the number of them increased over time.

Oh the price of Macaw is very high! I don't think I can even buy one of them.

What about their eggs? How can I obtain a few of their eggs? Is it possible to get the eggs, put them in a proper place with adapted temperature so that they become Macaw chicken?

Back
Top Bottom