What's new

Anata Wa Baka Desu Yo!

Erik

後輩
5 Feb 2003
Does anyone have a website for insults and swear words? I'm interested in reading some sites dedicated to pissing someone off in japan. =D From what I understand, each region also has their very own unique words

ie;

In Osaka, another word for BAKA is AHO...

So post the crap you've learned or read!

Hey Erik ...

I loaned out just about every Japanese book while I was in Sydney, one book was called 'Beyond polite Japanese'! Very good book and all slang and quite foul stuff in there too but as there are no specific 'swear' words in the culture (I believe?) it's all in the context and how you say the sentence. I said some of them to my girlfriend and she thought it was so funny!

Now if only I could remember any of it :)

I got some books too,
like 'making out in Japanese' ;-)

But I would discourage you, to learn or use them, that won't bring you any good.

-lightman

Originally posted by lightman
I got some books too,
like 'making out in Japanese' ;-)

But I would discourage you, to learn or use them, that won't bring you any good.

-lightman

Bah, it's discouraged in any language! I'll just use with my friends... I'm sure they'll find it amusing. =)

This is one online compilation of Japanese slang & curse words I found. A few of them seem to come pretty close to being context independent, but will ask around before trying any myself :=)

geocities.com/morethanaworldaway/japanese_terms.html

Originally posted by Elizabeth
This is one online compilation of Japanese slang & curse words I found. A few of them seem to come pretty close to being context independent, but will ask around before trying any myself :=)

geocities.com/morethanaworldaway/japanese_terms.html

That's a good site. =)

I picked up a book the other day called "Making out in japanese". Quite amusing book... I didn't realize there was a way to call a woman a ***** in japanese! haha

It's cool! Even have to swear words under other languages.. Went to Chinese section to check it out just for fun and had a good laugh.. lol.. (well, well, isn't it always fun to use it on frens or even teach it to non-native speakers... :devilish: ) One will definitely get into trouble for using those words but it's just so funny when you read it.. (sweat)

Back
Top Bottom