• Don't want to watch the Akira film.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is Akira?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metalmark666

後輩
27 Jan 2010
Have just finished reading part 4 of the comic series and have 5 and 6 lined up too. The comics have totally blown me away and are far more superior to the animated movie, although that is still good.
What are your opinions on the film and comics if you have watched and/or read them and where should I go from here with comic book series?

I LOVE AKIRA!!! Wow I haven't met anyone who likes it too! I've read 3 of the Akira books and have watched the movie 👍 Kaneda and Kai are my favourite characters!

The film has its differences to the books, but when you think that the books cover 6 volumes and that is a lot to compress into a film. Each has its own merits and the books, because of its medium, can develop characters ay a much deeper level.
The film is constrained by time and various elements have to be missed out. By missing them the story does change for some of the characters, but that can be said for most films that have been adapted from a book
What you will find is that the books end differently to the film.

As a film I enjoyed it, but much prefer Ghost in the Shell, yet visa versa for the books. GITS only covers one volume with two spin offs (1.5 and 2.0). There are also three novels, but they are more related to the GITS:SAC rather than the film.

The film has its differences to the books, but when you think that the books cover 6 volumes and that is a lot to compress into a film. Each has its own merits and the books, because of its medium, can develop characters ay a much deeper level.
The film is constrained by time and various elements have to be missed out. By missing them the story does change for some of the characters, but that can be said for most films that have been adapted from a book
What you will find is that the books end differently to the film.
As a film I enjoyed it, but much prefer Ghost in the Shell, yet visa versa for the books. GITS only covers one volume with two spin offs (1.5 and 2.0). There are also three novels, but they are more related to the GITS:SAC rather than the film.

I agree :) The film, although fantastic, does not include rather important bits of the plot that are in the books. Apparently, they are making a live-action remake of Akira with Leonardo di Caprio as Kaneda (though some say that it will be a Japanese actor) and that it will be a two-part movie that will be based on the books instead of the 80's anime film.

Ghost in the Shell is amazing 😊 I've only seen the film though...

Have you seen Howl's Moving Castle? It's brilliant!

I agree :) The film, although fantastic, does not include rather important bits of the plot that are in the books. Apparently, they are making a live-action remake of Akira with Leonardo di Caprio as Kaneda (though some say that it will be a Japanese actor) and that it will be a two-part movie that will be based on the books instead of the 80's anime film.
Ghost in the Shell is amazing 😊 I've only seen the film though...
Have you seen Howl's Moving Castle? It's brilliant!
I heard that too. I also heard that it was going to be set in America!!! what!! Stupid Holywood!:angryfire
I've still yet to watch Ghost in the Shell, but I will get round to it.
I love Ghibli films, they are always so beautiful and fasinating to watch, Howl's Moving Castle was a great film. :)

I heard that too. I also heard that it was going to be set in America!!! what!! Stupid Holywood!:angryfire
I've still yet to watch Ghost in the Shell, but I will get round to it.
I love Ghibli films, they are always so beautiful and fasinating to watch, Howl's Moving Castle was a great film. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can't be in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*film voice* Neo-New York is about to explode!

Karl: TRAVVVIIIIIISSSSS!
Travis: KAAARRRRRLLLLL!!

Oh yeah, aparently Tetsuo will be called Travis :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can't be in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*film voice* Neo-New York is about to explode!
Karl: TRAVVVIIIIIISSSSS!
Travis: KAAARRRRRLLLLL!!
Oh yeah, aparently Tetsuo will be called Travis :D
That would make for a great spoof movie but if they do go ahead, I'll end up crying into my cereals each morning at breakfast!!!:(
Please, someone see sense and make it in Japan!!! The Japanese wouldn't do a remake of a famous American cartoon!! Why should they let them mess with Akira.

That would make for a great spoof movie but if they do go ahead, I'll end up crying into my cereals each morning at breakfast!!!:(
Please, someone see sense and make it in Japan!!! The Japanese wouldn't do a remake of a famous American cartoon!! Why should they let them mess with Akira.

LOL It would make a great spoof movie :D I actually almost did cry when I heard that they were making a live-action remake! But apparently Otomo-sama is working with the directors so that they don't do anything too stupid 👍 LOL imagine if the Japanese did a remake of Spiderman or something like that.

*imagines in head*

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :D

Back
Top Bottom