What's new

Advice on Eikaiwa

vorpar

先輩
5 Sep 2004
Finally got my Bachelor's degree, and I want to teach in Tokyo. For ease of getting a visa, I'm looking at the major language schools, and want advice on which one is the best to work for.

So far, I'm leaning towards AEON, which looks like it has the best benefits. If anyone has anything great to say about AEON, GEOS, or Nova (or one I haven't heard of) I'd love to hear it.

Dan

Please, please, please search the threads first - a wealth of advice already dispensed on this subject. Also search Google Groups for the newsgroup: fj.life.in-japan the guys and girl in there (including myself) have also waxed lyrical about the English chain schools to great length since about 1997. NOVA gets about 250 hits, Geos, AEON and ECC all around 60 hits. Non-chain school related topics such as 'JET' returns about 600 hits and 'teaching' gets you a whooping 1600 hits.

Seek and you shall find.

Are you set on Tokyo or would a rural position also suit you - in which case JET is a far better paid job for the hours involved than almost anything else outside of university positions. Congratulations BTW.

Back
Top Bottom