What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Advanced chord progression

monio1993

Registered
Reaction score
I opened this thread in other forums but I really didn't have got what I want.
Briefly I discovered lately this term to describe what was really attracting me in music.
J-pop seems actually to have a bunch of songs based on this aspect but problem that I will always find songs that I like by chance since it doesn't seem to be a concrete to search songs by its chord progression.
So I hope someone here could have any recommendations of songs or playlists (or even singers or musicians) which music is based on advanced progressions of chords.

mdchachi

Reaction score
I opened this thread in other forums but I really didn't have got what I want.
Briefly I discovered lately this term to describe what was really attracting me in music.
J-pop seems actually to have a bunch of songs based on this aspect but problem that I will always find songs that I like by chance since it doesn't seem to be a concrete to search songs by its chord progression.
So I hope someone here could have any recommendations of songs or playlists (or even singers or musicians) which music is based on advanced progressions of chords.
Can you give us an example of the kind of JPOP song that has this?

monio1993

Registered
Reaction score
Can you give us an example of the kind of JPOP song that has this?
Maybe Something like automatic of utada.
Point is to have a normal modern song with a vintage vision of music.
If you know that :
nogizaka46 - taiyou knock
arashi -happiness
I remember actually finding some beautiful japanese music piece maker someone recommended to in a reddit thread I think but I lost them both (thread and youtube channel)

Top Bottom