What's new

15k: congratulations Mike!

It is more a cause for embarrassment than celebration in my case. I talk too much.

If only I had kept up my Japanese skills , I could have posted so much more , LOL. I can't believe in a few weeks , I will have been on JREF for 14 years.

I think it would be amusing if we had a feature to generate a word cloud from each member's posts.
All those 10,000-15,000 posts condensed into something like this.

Attachments

• wordcloud.jpg
    wordcloud.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12
Knowing what I do of Mike I doubt his would have those words. Especially not anime, manga, pokemon being that prevalent. :giggle:

From 1975 to 85 , I drove a 6 wheel stake bed truck between our 2 stores , about a 30 minute drive in good weather. Most of the trip was on the turnpike with very light traffic. When I think of what Mike's days of driving must be like , he's kind of a super hero in my eyes.

I myself didn't remember at all when it was, and didn't notice that it's already almost 13k posts, either. Wow...

Your posts should count ten times as much as mine; you never talk just to hear yourself talk.

One of the great things about you people , about 8 out of 10 times that you go out of your way to be helpful , few people ever thank you , yet you don't get discouraged and keep on helping members.

One of the great things about you people , about 8 out of 10 times that you go out of your way to be helpful , few people ever thank you , yet you don't get discouraged and keep on helping members.

Anybody helping others with the expectation of thanks is doing it for themselves, not others.

The ones who are discouraging are the ones who never come back to check for replies, the ones who do come back but never give any indication they have seen the replies, and the ones who get offended at the "tone" of replies that are in no way offensive. Those are the ones who make you think you could have made more productive use of your time doing practically anything else.

Back
Top Bottom