What's new

出典整備

mdchachi

6 Mar 2003
How would you translate 出典整備 in this context?

1586465073284.png

Here's a sentence from the text.
出典整備・図化開始/終了位置は、変化点バッファ開始/終了位置の車線リンク一つ手前/奥の端点を設定する。

• 出典 【しゅってん】 source (e.g. quotation); authority; (P); ED
  • 整備 【せいび】 (n,vs) (1) maintenance; servicing; (2) putting in place; establishment; development; preparation; provision; outfitting; (P); ED
I guess my problem is that I'm wondering if 出典 means more like a physical source of data or like a human authority (organization). Thanks.

We need a more detailed context to interpret the meaning. Is that for a manual of something (map making)?

We need a more detailed context to interpret the meaning. Is that for a manual of something (map making)?
Yes map making. Regarding how to deal with changes in the roadway that will need to be remapped.

Toritoribe-san can correct me if I'm wrong, but it strikes me that 出典 would refer to the "source" of the map, i.e. the original before changes or whatever that's based upon (i.e. the sense of "source" like "cite your sources").

As far as I know, 出典 almost always carries this basic meaning. It's defined in 大辞泉 as:

故事・成語、引用文、また引用された語句などの出所である書物。典拠。「出典をさがす」「出典を明示する」

...and I don't believe it would typically be used to refer to a "human authority"/organization (though of course, a human or organization could have created the source text/map in question).

Here's another link in JP discussing the nuances of 出典 that may help you interpret it in context:

As same as 図化, 変化点バッファ, 車線リンク or 端点, 出典整備 would be a technical term that has a specific meaning in the field or the software you are using, so the information is not enough yet to get the meaning correctly.
Anyway, judging from 出典整備/図化開始/終了位置は、…一つ手前/奥の端点を設定する, my wild guess is that 出典整備 is for reference points to indicate where the map is altered.

As same as 図化, 変化点バッファ, 車線リンク or 端点, 出典整備 would be a technical term that has a specific meaning in the field or the software you are using, so the information is not enough yet to get the meaning correctly.
Anyway, judging from 出典整備/図化開始/終了位置は、…一つ手前/奥の端点を設定する, my wild guess is that 出典整備 is for reference points to indicate where the map is altered.
Thanks. I'll confirm with the engineers when I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom