What's new

ヨンコママンガ

letslearn

先輩
Reaction score
Hi all,
i have heard that yonkoma can be helpful in reading japanese, does anyone know of a link to some popular series?
i have not had any experience in reading manga so it is possibly a good place to start. are their some funny series around?
よろしくお願いします

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Anything by 植田まだし (Ueda Masashi) or 田中しょう (Tanaka Shou) or 平ひさし (Taira Hisashi).

The サザエさん series is good, but is very dated (postwar period). That's either good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

If you don't mind paying the expenses, I wouldn't mind trying to find you some collections in used book shops and mailing them to you.

nekojita

先輩
Reaction score
In terms of free, online, and legal, there are some 4コマ on j-comi - I can't recommend any in particular as it's been a while since I looked on there, but have a look at a few and see if any appeal.

Comico is another option. Not 4コマ, but they have many 日常 (slice of life type) comics. I like their android app as it does this vertical scroll thing which makes reading on the phone quite easy, too. They run competitions for people to get their manga into the regular publication roster so if you look at the ベストチャレンジ section there's always a bunch of new stuff (I think I have seen some "chapters" which are basically a set of 4コマ run together).

letslearn

先輩
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I will take a look. As a side note i saw a 4コマ titled as. カモん式 what does that mean?

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
モん式, not カモん式.

クモ is the name of the black cat and the title is a pun of 公文式[くもんしき], which is a well-known educational method. クモん式 can mean something like "Kumo's way of doing things".

letslearn

先輩
Reaction score
Thanks Toritoribesan,
Sorry yes クモん式.

式 I have seen this kanji to mean style so I see where you get "Kumo's way of doing things" At first I thought It may mean ceremony.