What's new

My God !!! Hiway Robbery, Help!!!!!

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
For the first time in my looong 54 years of life, I paid
OVER $2.00 for a gallon of gas!! I thank my lucky stars I got rid of my old 4x4 that got 8 MPG.I would have had to get a second mortgage to fill the 40GAL tank on that thing. I see other parts of the country have it even worse!
How bout where you live???
What do you pay for a Gal of regular??

I heard in some countries they pay $5.00 US or more! If
you're not a driver, what do your parents or friends have to pay for gas where you are??

Frank

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

You don't want to know what we pay in the UK. My local charges about 84p (1.867US$) just for ONE litre never mind per gallon.

When I was in Japan last month I past by a Mobil station and saw a sign that said "Regular 111". I thought 111 Yen is not bad at all for gas. Then it dawned on me it wasn't in gallons. It's in liters. There are about 3.8 liters to a gallon, so it was actually about $4.00 per gallon.

First class postage in the U.S. is still 34 cents. People complain about that, but it's about a dollar in most other countries.

I think this is all just a plan by the corporations to make more money off of us. But then again, I got that from my anthropology teacher, who's a bit of a radical.

Frank D. White said:
For the first time in my looong 54 years of life, I paid
OVER $2.00 for a gallon of gas!!

That's not exactly true. In adjusted-for-inflation dollars, gas was more expensive in 1981 when it hit an (adjusted) high of $2.77.

Overall I think it's good for America to feel the pain. Maybe it will help them curb their overconsumptive ways as well as put more effort into working on energy efficiency and alternative energy sources instead of drilling in Alaska.

It's obvious from traffic on the roads that few people pay attention to MPG when buying their cars. That is one of the first things I think about. I'd love to have a small truck or more powerful car but I'm not willing to buy a vehicle with such poor gas mileage. So I stick with my 35MPG Toyota.

Hachiko said:
I think this is all just a plan by the corporations to make more money off of us. But then again, I got that from my anthropology teacher, who's a bit of a radical.

99.9 % of all college professors are left-wing liberals.

Well, evidently I live in one of the top 10 states for lower gas prices at this time, but...

Anyway, in my area of Virginia, you can buy regular for 1.89 per gallon, which is about as cheap as you can get right now. Just an hour's drive away in North Carolina, my mom is paying 2.13 per gallon. Lots of people in NC that live next to the VA border are coming over into VA to buy their gas. I hope they don't have far to go, though... :?

GOD******.....prices went up here again, soon I won't be able to drive my car anymore ☝ ....stupid war!!!!!

flashjeff said:
Two bucks a gallon! YOW! Kinda makes me glad I'm a slave to mass transit! :)

Not just gas.

Last week I took my Toyota Tercel in for a "Major" maintenance service (for every 30,000 miles) and cost me almost $400.

Car insurance runs me a little over $2000 a year (I pay more because I had a fender-bender in 2001).

And I'm still paying for the car itself. I wish I could take a subway to work. These LA drivers drive like maniacs and I have to be a nervous wreck every time I get on the road (I can't afford to have another accident or I'll be uninsurable).

Back
Top Bottom