What's new

Yoko Kanno

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
4 Feb 2005
What do people know of this artist? I have three albums from the Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. The one from the first Gig and Second Gig and the Spin-off one Only Human🙂

OMG!!! I love her! I bought the Escaflowne Box Set just because she did the music (but it is a fantastic anime on its own don't get me wrong)! I love her, love her, love her! 😍
Info: Yoko-san is a talented Pianist and composer (and gorgeous too) and has composed the music for many extremely popular anime. Yeah, I don't actually have too much info on her, I just love her music.

I like her, tho she isn't fantastic.
But she has released loads of stuff though.
But Guess I have to research more also.
^_^

I think perhaps her most famous work in anime is for Cowboy Bebop. She was able to delve into various musical styles for that anime, and I found her production work on the OSTs to be pretty good.

i have those cds also and old gits soundtrack double
it is nice, but yuji ohno is just more me -- stuff is just so cerebral and pimp
if only $15 in my pocket i buy him first

Yoko Kanno's one of my favourite artist along with Yuki Kajiura
if you like her work, you'll most probaly appreciate "song to fly"

I take it by your replies (thank-you BTW:) that she works mainly with soundtracks. Must find more of her stuff *going on hunt on amazon and ebay*👍

She really drew my attention with the amazing soundtrack she composed for Cowboy Bebop and since then has only earned more respect after listening to her other stuff.

Does anyone have good pictures of her?

I like Yoko Kanno,my fav song probably being the one she did with hide,its called 'Run' I believe.

When Kanno worked on her albums, she did them hiring several vocal artists. However, several people who know Kanno's work know she composed the tunes for Maaya Sakamoto's first 5 albums (up until Lucy, I believe). Maaya decided to venture out on her own afterwards, but the music was inspirational (and filled with backwards messages.) I still think Kanno deserves the majority of the credit for making and seeing through with these albums. They took a lot of effort to compose (Shinjite, kudasai; I know. I arrange music in my spare time.)

Besides, the music written by Kanno attracted my company. Please continue to give tribute to Kanno by buying all her albums, even the sounndtracks for things like Brain Power'd, Turn-A-Gundam, etc.

Thanks a lot! She's bound to appreciate it!

Yoko Kanno - Anime Composer

It is amazing that Your music is full of different styles but Your music and notes from them are unusualツ… Each anime with Your music is specialツ…
Thank You for all music, cause IT IS Yoursツ…
Mrs Kannoツ… I wish You neverending inspirationsツ…. Make more music with Your deep heart in which it plays.
---------------------------
SAMFLUTCH
drivenwide.com

Ahh...I was away for sooo long..and it is such a pleasant surprise to find Yoko Kanno thread here now I'm back.. I'm her huge fan, the most of my library is Yoko Kanno's music.. I started listening to her music when I was watching Cawboy bebop, and liked the soundtrack... I especially love Wolf's rain ost, it's one of the best I've ever heard, the songs really wake up emotions in you, Leaving on red hill and Silver river are my favourites. And I love GITS ost too, especially songs with Origa as vocal...

Garnet: Wow, you're really a Yoko's fan 8D Cool ^^

caster: I didn't since now ^^ She looks really cool! The PV is a bit creepy though xDDD

Wow, she's really a good composer! She has made a LOT of Maaya Sakamoto songs 8D

She has composed the entire album Macross Frontier O.S.T.2 Nyan Tra., it's really nice! I really recommend you, and you don't need to have seen the serie to like it, I hadn't and I really enjoyed it 8D

I cannot "leave for death" a thread dedicated to Yoko Kanno.
I've seen it right now for the first time.

I've listened to the following song 1000 of times.
What the hell, I've listened to the entire" Escaflowne" soundtrack 1000 times!

The video-maker seems to feel the same as me.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dance of Curse"... simply awesome... can't say more...

[youtube]bmcjAbFT1TQ&feature=related[/youtube]

I got my first taste of her work from Macross Plus. I don't think I've heard much from her that I didn't like, honestly. I wish I still had the soundtracks from that one. I still have the score (and finally ripped it to my iPod), but the other was stolen. :(

I love her music and she is seem very fun and energetic person! Her music is fantastic, not to mention varied. ^_^ Keep up the amazing work!

Back
Top Bottom