What's new

What to wear inside Oedo Onsen?

rch427

後輩
1 Apr 2005
I'll be in Tokyo in a few days, and I plan to visit Ooedo Onsen Monogatari, in Odaiba. There are two different areas there -- the co-ed and the single-sex areas. I know that they furnish you with a yukata and a towel, but surely one can't wear a yukata in a full bath; only in a wading bath. Of course, I couldn't find any photos of people in the full baths (that would be a pretty big no-no), but I'm wondering -- what should one wear? A bathing suit?
Anyone visited Ooedo Onsen?

I haven't visited Oedo Onsen, but instead of a bathing suit, wear the towel they give you, and drip dry when you get out. Or take another towel.

There are much better ways, but in Baths I've been to, that is what I've done, and it works well.
Later

Joe

As said, there are two sections at Oedo Onsen.

The segragated part is built like a classical onsen, which means that people do not wear any clothes, although they might keep a very small towel with them.

The mixed part is a large outside rotenburo, but only ashiyu - a bath for feet. You do not completely soak there, but just walk around with your feet in a couple of centimeters of water. For this reason, you are wearing a yukata (with your underwear, since this is clearly requested). Obviously, this is not a real mixed bath.

To find "real" konyoku, check my web site at : www.secret-japan.com/onsen

sanji

Back
Top Bottom