What's new

Urgent question: instructor's visa

softbankj

後輩
21 Jan 2011
hi guys, im facing a really huge problem here but i dont seem to be able to find the 'answer' from the web. hope u guys can help

i will be working as an ALT, with that I'll need to change my visa to an instructor's visa.
since im not a native english speaker, the school said the govt will need me to prove that i have been studying everything in english for 12+ years

however, i have added up everything i have and i've only got 10years.

i finished my highschool and a 4-years-degree in an english speaking country.

so my problem is, does that 2 years really matters? coz i really could not have those 2 unless if I enroll myself back in school again.

can someone give me an advice of what i can do?
thanks a whole lot!!!!!

This is probably a matter that an immigration lawyer can help you with more than we can. Yes, if you look at the visa regulations for instructor's visa, it says that.
http://www.japaneselawtranslation.go.jp/law/detail/?id=1927&vm=04&re=01

"1.b.When the applicant intends to teach a foreign language, he/she must have acquired an education in said language for at least 12 years. "

If you have experience teaching already, you might be able to use that plus your 10 years. Might. This is no guarantee.

BTW, what visa do you have now?

Judging by the one post hit and run, we'll never know. But, just for reference, there are many Filipino ALTs, and they don't have 12 years of education strictly in English. Then, you have to ask yourself ''how did they do it?'', if you can find the answer to that, you'll be able to do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom