What's new

[trip planning] picking 2-3 cities to stay for 90 days

mfhboy

後輩
20 Mar 2006
I found many guest houses in Japan provide monthly rental and I can stay in Japan as a tourist for 90 days. So I plan to pick 2 to 3 cities to stay and each for at least a month.

I have NEVER been to Japan so I'm asking suggestion for which cities to stay and in what sequence? I just need the rough idea and I will try to figure out the details myself(I enjoy that haha).

FYI, this trip is about to meet Japanese as well as vistors all around the world, to experience the daily life of Japanese and sight seeing. Of cause I will try to learn some Japanese before I go and to practice what I learnt when I've arrived. I plan to go this Sep, or you would suggest a different schedule? Thanks for any input!!
🙂

If I were you, I'd choose to stay in Kyoto rather than Osaka (although it depends on how much accommodations cost in Kyoto compared to Osaka).

Osaka is very close to Kyoto, so you can go there as often as you like. Kyoto has a distinctive atmosphere and is very tourist-friendly. It can also be the base for short trips not only to Osaka but also to Nara and elsewhere.

If I am to pick a third city to stay, I'd choose either Sapporo in Hokkaido or a city in Kyushu (like Fukuoka, Kumamoto or Nagasaki). I think it's all a matter of personal preference.

Others may have other nice suggestions! 👍

Great!! I decided to visit Kansai region first, then Kanto(including Fuji mountain) and finally Hokkaido. As I go this Sep, I will be in Hokkaido in Nov, how is the weather at that time?

Monthly rental guest houses in Tokyo is easy but for Kyoto, some guest houses with private rooms(I need a lot internet for my job during mon-thu)have replied me that most guests stay 3 months and even 1 years. Seems hard to find a private room with internet for a month. I know there are apartments but that's much trouble than guest house for just a month.

Hokkaido

If you want to go skiing/snowboarding you will probably enjoy the cold.:shiver:
See an article written about Spring skiing in Hokkaido to get an idea
http://www.seekjapan.jp/page1.php?id=597
Kansai is the most beautiful in November (usually many typhoons in September). But it all depends on your interests and what you hope to see.

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
Kansai area
Kobe
This town is exotic
http://feel-kobe.jp/english/indx.html
ahum... Don't forget about a Jref member who is having a website about kobe !!!! 🙂
KobeCityinfo.com is available at DomainMarket.com

The Kansai area is nice!!! Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Himeji!!! a lot of cities and you can visit all of them only by travelling 30-60minutes!!!

And yes Kobe is a great international city that is seen as one of the most modern cities of Japan, * they have the best FASHION 🙂 * check the website!

Back
Top Bottom