What's new

Tomorrow is the first day of Ramadan month

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
Ramadan is the month of fast in Islam and Muslims are obligated from God to fast from dawn to sundown. They are obligated to avoid eating, drinking and smoking during this period of the daytime and after sundown they are free to eat and drink whatever they wish till dawn.
In Ramadan month, the dependence of Muslims to food and drink is reduced and instead, they attain a spirituality that helps them to go close to God and receive more light and faith.

Also, in Ramadan, all organs of body rest and additional fats and harmful substances that have been accumulated in body will be burned and rejected and this is the cause of health in the next months.

In Ramadan, Muslims should resist against hunger and thirst and fight with temptation of eating and drinking. This makes them stronger spiritually and reinforce their will and humanity.

Those Muslims who have an excuse for fasting, for example, have a sickness, weakness, or are not able to fast because of oldness or are traveling, they are exempt from fasting and are not allowed from God to fast.

Other healthy Muslims who haven't any physical, medical or traveling excuse should fasting in Ramadan and it is an obligatory (not governmental) task for them.

God promised, the reward of fasting in the blessed month, Ramadan will be paradise and its unimaginable gifts,

gft.jpg

My dear friend, a queer muslim woman has been devoutly fasting for the entire period of Ramadan. She's 67 years old, so it's quite a feat for her since I know there are exceptions made for the elderly and infirm.

Hi Nuala

Fasting in Ramadan is a necessary task for every Muslim she/he can tolerate it, but as you pointed, there are some exceptions for those people who are not able to tolerate it because of oldness or sickness.

Also the Muslims who are traveling to another place (more than 24 Km) and decide to remain over there less than 10 days, they are not obligated from God to fast (they can compensate their lost fasts later or even in other months).

Those Muslims that their job is traveling (for example, track drivers or pilots) are not among those travelers and if they are healthy exactly, they will have to fast. Also, the travelers who decide to remain in the destination more than 10 days they should fast as well ( if they are healthy and can tolerate fasting.)

Islam is not the religion of hardness and difficulty. It excepts the Muslims who are not able to fast, for example, the Muslim who becomes thirsty extraordinary, or the Muslim is weak and is not able to tolerate fasting.

Of course, fasting itself has some limitations and difficulties for healthy people and they are not allowed (from God) to leave fasting in Ramadan because of its labors.

The one who fasts, sometimes becomes thirsty or hungry and his desire suppresses him to eat or drink, something, but he have to control himself not to break his fasting.

Of course If the thirst or hunger of a faster (actually) leads to a dangerous condition he will be allowed (and even is obligated) to break his fast.

It is banned for a Muslim to fast, while he knows fasting is harmful for him, and if such the Muslim fasts, not only he has not obeyed God, but also disobeyed him and is considered as a guilty person (fasting is forbidden for such the weak or sick Muslim).

In the past years I couldn't fast all the days of Ramadan because of a weakness in my digestive system, nonetheless I tried to fast a few days or the half of the Ramadan at least, then I felt I couldn't continue.

In recent years, I discovered a non-medical method of treatment ( a special exercise) that cured my digestive system weakness and now I am able to fast entire the Ramadan month and am very happy for my healing and ability for fasting.

Earlier. when I saw people are fasting and I'm not, it made me very sad and uneasy.

I actually am very happy and give thanks to God that led me to the method of the healing and now I can fast.

I explained in my previous post, how fasting is the cause of health for body and all unnecessary fats and harmful substances in the cells and blood will be eliminated during the month.

Of course this is not the only reward of fasting in Ramadan and it also will be the cause of cleanness of soul and mental from wrong or annoying things and gives a high relaxation and assurance to the faster, reinforce his will, increase his insight, and takes him closer to God.

Back
Top Bottom