What's new

Tokyo - New York Comparison

ismail

後輩
18 May 2013
Hi,

I was surprised when a Moroccan friend of mine said NY is by far the best city in the world. He's never been in Japan and I've never been in NY but I believe Tokyo is cleaner and safer than NY and the service quality is better while you don't even have to pay tips. But I don't like to compare two things I don't know as well so I though of asking here where there is probably many people who have experienced both cities. If you had to compare those two which one is better, what are the pros an con ?

Many American trucking companies pay drivers an extra bonus (like combat pay) if they have to deliver to NYC. Similarly, many American trucking companies in their recruiting advertisements use "No NYC!" as inducement to attract drivers. Many American truck drivers just simply refuse to go there because of the hassle and the high likelihood of becoming a crime victim.

In Tokyo, I sleep in my truck with the doors unlocked and often with the windows open. I never worry about being bothered or victimized while I am sleeping in an entirely unguarded and completely vulnerable manner anywhere in Tokyo.

I never spent one second at ease working in New York and I have never spent a single second not at ease working in Tokyo.

Really... Tokyo vs. New York City (NYC), Ha, don't make me laugh.

Yes, both cities are one of the must visit cities in the world. If you were to ask me, Tokyo out class NYC in things to do, things to see, culture, and in far pricing. When it comes friendliness and out going people, Go New Yorkers. People who live in Tokyo , you don't feel it. If you do, its fake.

To answer your question Ismail, NYC is DIRTY, don't fly in during trash day... ha ha ha, the trash will tower over you. Good service in NYC, where?... if you get lucky and have a nice person who don't spit in your food. Don't have to TIP after eating at a restaurants?.... they must of went to a fast food restaurants,

After visiting Manhattan, there really not much to see unless you know people out there. NYC is over price and boy, do they tax travelers at hotels, sightseeing area, car rentals and if you rent a car, the toll-bridge price is crazy and don't get me started on transportation, better call Uber. Thinking of taking NY metro, ha ha ha, always breaking down, if not the car, its a rail problem.

For me, having visit Tokyo and NYC, Tokyo wins. Now if your talking about parts of Tokyo city vs NYC, than i will agree with you what city vs NYC is better

FYI i live only 55 minute away from NYC

Really... Tokyo vs. New York City (NYC), Ha, don't make me laugh.

Yes, both cities are one of the must visit cities in the world. If you were to ask me, Tokyo out class NYC in things to do, things to see, culture, and in far pricing. When it comes friendliness and out going people, Go New Yorkers. People who live in Tokyo , you don't feel it. If you do, its fake.

To answer your question Ismail, NYC is DIRTY, don't fly in during trash day... ha ha ha, the trash will tower over you. Good service in NYC, where?... if you get lucky and have a nice person who don't spit in your food. Don't have to TIP after eating at a restaurants?.... they must of went to a fast food restaurants,

After visiting Manhattan, there really not much to see unless you know people out there. NYC is over price and boy, do they tax travelers at hotels, sightseeing area, car rentals and if you rent a car, the toll-bridge price is crazy and don't get me started on transportation, better call Uber. Thinking of taking NY metro, ha ha ha, always breaking down, if not the car, its a rail problem.

For me, having visit Tokyo and NYC, Tokyo wins. Now if your talking about parts of Tokyo city vs NYC, than i will agree with you what city vs NYC is better

FYI i live only 55 minute away from NYC
the good service and no tipping part was about Japan of course.

Back
Top Bottom