What's new

Tohoku

jhough37

soon to be in Isesaki!
19 Apr 2005
Hey all, I am curious about a couple things. I am currently preparing to move to Japan. All I know is that it is going to be somewhere from Tokyo, north. Although I think it will be somewhere in the Tohoku region. What kind of weather can I expect. I know winter will be cold, but what am I looking for during the summer, since I will be there from June-onward. I know this is a wide area, but any help would be appriciated.

The Tohoku district means the thing of six prefectures of Fukushima Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, and Aomori Prefecture. There is much snow in winter and it is late in spring. It is unexpectedly hot in summer. There are many lakes. A large number [ onsen ]. Hachimantai is an unparalleled view. There are old shrine Buddhist temples, such as Gassan in Yamagata and Hiraizumi in Iwate. The "nebuta festival" of Aomori. "Namahage" of Akita. The "Tanabata festival" of Sendai. There is a famous festival.

I traveled in Tohoku to do some hiking last time I was in Japan. Unfortunately there were some typhoons. It was hard to get around because the trains are not very convenient, but I was going to some fairly remote areas. It's very beautiful and rural in many places.

Brooker said:
I traveled in Tohoku to do some hiking last time I was in Japan. Unfortunately there were some typhoons. It was hard to get around because the trains are not very convenient, but I was going to some fairly remote areas. It's very beautiful and rural in many places.

Since the public transportation facility of the Tohoku district is restricted, it is good to use a rental car.
😌
I traveled in the Tohoku district by motorbike frequently.
When traveling with a friend, it moved with the Shinkansen to Sendai and the rental car was borrowed at the station. 👍
It traveled in NYUTOU-ONSEN of Tazawako, TAMAGAWA-ONSEN of Hachimantai, FUKENOYU, SUKAYU of Aomori, and Towadako.
🙂

Unexpectedly hot in summer? Really? Hmm...I was interested in teaching for James English School, which is in Tohoku, but ....

It's no good if you have cold winters and don't make up for that with nice cool summers!

;)

Heya Wintersweet, nice to see another 27 yr old looking to make the trip to Japan to teach. :)

Back
Top Bottom