What's new

The Great Chiba Blizzard of 2014

Quite an adventure, Armand! Glad you finally made it into Tokyo.

image.jpg

As MZ stated, it was more than just Chiba. We're still shovelling here.

Duh! Yes, I know it was more than just Chiba. Zorro has no sense of humor. I guess I have to consider the source. :)

Well I am sure reducing the Honshu blizzard to the Chiba blizzard got Thomas rolling on the ground laughing and pissing his pants. I guess I should have read the blog. My bad. :p

ArmandV!
welcome to Japan! It's snowing, but enjoy yourself here!
\(^▽^*) welcome (*^▽^)/

Tokyo was the first heavy snow in 20 years, you were a misfortune in the worst timing.
Friday and Saturday of the weekend are rainy by the weather forecast, and temperature is low, please be careful not to catch cold.

I went to Makuhari of Chiba to watch "Wonder Festival" on Sunday.
A train was delayed by snow.
However, I could watch favorite "Gamera" and "Godzilla", and I was fun.
o(*^o^*)o

Well I am sure reducing the Honshu blizzard to the Chiba blizzard got Thomas rolling on the ground laughing and pissing his pants. I guess I should have read the blog. My bad. :p

I'm sure he did.

I went to Yokosuka today and it was snowing there. When I returned to Tokyo, it was just beginning to fall. I was going to Yokosuka on Sunday, but only reaching my hotel 22 hours after landing in Narita changed those plans.

This may amuse you: Armand's Rancho Del Cielo: Godzilla Slide Re-enacting End of "Son of Godzilla"?

ArmandV!
welcome to Japan! It's snowing, but enjoy yourself here!
\(^▽^*) welcome (*^▽^)/

Tokyo was the first heavy snow in 20 years, you were a misfortune in the worst timing.
Friday and Saturday of the weekend are rainy by the weather forecast, and temperature is low, please be careful not to catch cold.

I went to Makuhari of Chiba to watch "Wonder Festival" on Sunday.
A train was delayed by snow.
However, I could watch favorite "Gamera" and "Godzilla", and I was fun.
o(*^o^*)o

I was well bundled up with a great wool coat. I'm having fun, snow or not. I have some guys coming in from Spain today, hope they have better luck in getting into Tokyo from Narita International Airport than I did.

The slide of the Godzilla in Kurihama flower country Park of Yokosuka is a famous spot recently.

}:
__ ノ:
,..._.ハィヽイヽ/`、ヽ/{/;';'/ Λ ./} .r、 /{ /: :
,、/ノx≪ノ⌒ノ'',ィ::{::{ヽーァ lヽ/ .V .| .| ヽ/ i/: : : :
,,r'ノ ノ , ィi' 〉};;;;;{ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;`ヽィ;';';;'ヽ/ヽ / | },,,,/;';';'/:
/ヽノノ,..ィ.廴ノノノ;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;; ヽ;';';';';';'〈,-、| ィ: i :i: /: : :
,ゝーィ'; ; ; ;ゞ≦、: : : : ; ,;,;,;,; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;; ヽ;';';';';';';';'};';';';';i/;';';',: : :/,
_,r''ィ': : ; ; ; ; ヽ ; ; ; ;;ヽ:_:_:_:_:_:; ;;; ; ; ; ;; ;; ;;; ;ヽ;';';';'/;';';';';'/;};';';'/;';'
/メ;{'::ヽ: : :;;;;;r七彡≦ーi‐iWWW`〉;;ヽ;; ;ヾヾヾ;ヾヽ/;';';';';';';'ゞイ;';'./;';';'
. {_:_::ゝr≦イィ'ハ }ⅤⅤVヽl <ノ;;;;;;{;; ;; ;ヾ;;;;;ヾ;; ; ;`ヽ;';';';';'ノ;';';'ヾ;';';'
{;:_イ!VV ヘヽllノⅤ〉} / ,;;;;; <ノ;;;;;;;;;ノ;; ;; ;;;;ヾ ; ; ;ヾ ; ;;;;`ヽ;';';';';';';';'ヾ;'
ヘ| ヽ} <,'/ ,;;; <ノ;;;;;;;;;/;;; ;;; ;;; ;;;;;} ; ; ; ヾ; ;; ;;; ;`ヽ;';';';';';;i:;'
<,'/ ,;;; <ノ;;;;;;;/;;;;;; ;;; ;;; ;;;ノ ; ; ; ; ;}; ; ; ;; ;; ;; ヽ;';';';'i;'
<,'{ ,;;; <ノ;;;;/;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;; ;;;ノ ;; ; ; ; ;ハ; ; ; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;ヽ;',i;
<,'ノ ,;: <ノ;;;/;;;;;; ;;; ;;;;; ;;; ノ ; ; ;; ;; ;;,' ;; ', ;; ;; ; ; ;;; ; ;; ヾ
<,' ̄<ノ;;;;イ: : :' ,;; ;; ;;; ;; ;;;; ; ; ;; ; ; ,.' ; ; ; ;ヽ; ;; ;; ; ;; ; ; ;;;
{ MMィ:::::/ ヽ: : : :' ,;; ;; ;; ;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;`,ヽ; ; ; ; ; ;;
ヾ;;;;;;:;;メメ ゞ: : : : ;;; ;; ;;; ;; ; ; ,.' ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;; ;; ;;;} ; ;; ; ;;;
 ̄ ̄ 〉 : : : : ; ;; ;; ;;; ;;;,.' ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;; ;; ; ;;;i ; ; ; ; ;;

We had snow here in Western Kansai, too.
It was actually the first time since I moved here.

However, I just went to Hokkaido for a few days, so snow can't impress me much anymore! ;)

Was the snowstorm on the night of February 14 stronger than the one a week earlier in Tokyo? I was in Ueno and it looked like more snow was dumped.

Was the snowstorm on the night of February 14 stronger than the one a week earlier in Tokyo? I was in Ueno and it looked like more snow was dumped.

26cms of snow in Tokyo this weekend, as compared to 27cms during the 'Chiba Blizzard'. We had more snow here in Kanagawa last Friday/Saturday. More to come on Wednesday/Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom