What's new

Reintroduction!!

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
15 Jul 2004
Hey all, I've been pretty inactive in recent years because of massive upheavals in my life. My name is Hannah, and I've been a member since 2004, which translates roughly to junior high considering I am now 30 years old. I enjoy anime, manga, video games, technology, Japanese culture, and writing. Some life experiences have caused me to develop PTSD which I regularly struggle with, and I am on disability benefits because of the severity of my symptoms. I'm going to college though and hope to piece everything back together. I'm pretty laid back most of the time, and I'm always up for a good conversation, so if you ever wanna chat? Hit me up!

Glad to see you back. When I hear PTSD , I think of military , police , first responders. In my life , working as a police officer , 4 years in the military , and almost 20 years as a home care nurse , you do deal with a lot of things that attack your emotions. I often wonder why some people can stuff the awful memories to the back of their mind and not be too bothered , while other people are tormented. Is it a chemical brain thing , or something to do with the way a person's childhood raising goes? I feel lucky that all the sights and sounds and smells I dealt with , although very clear in my memories , they don't seem to hurt me now. I kind of wish that those that suffer a personal hell here on earth , get rewarded with a specially nice life the next time around.

Hi @Nuala , welcome back to the forum. Glad to hear that you got everything under control. Good luck with college! :)

Back
Top Bottom