What's new

Questions seeking answers!

playaa

Dog Youkai
15 Jan 2004
Reading upon some online journals writtin on roughguide, as I am seeking attractions to visit while in Tokyo. I have read in a few journals that foreigners are not welcome in places like Shinjuku, or the "red" light district. Also a few other places I read that said foreigners are not welcome.

Questions I am wondering is, is this true? Is there places I should avoid if I dont want confrontations to occur such as me not being allowed in? :eek:

I can't speak for Tokyo since I haven't been there. But when I was in Osaka and Okayama recently, there were plenty of foreignors in both cities. In fact, Mad Pierrot and I hung out together!

It will help you greatly to know some conversational Japanese. You might not be treated as well if you always insist on speaking English and that they understand everything you say. I know you wouldn't do that, but some Americans have that attitude.

Yeah, I see what your saying.. I wouldn't do that as I have spent almost 4 months studying basic Japanese, and I invested almost $80.00 in pocket books and conversational study guides. :p

EDIT: Plus that takes the fun out of things, and leaves no room for me to make hilarious language error's or something funny! :D

Back
Top Bottom