What's new

Nihongo Journal

techiex

Registered
4 Feb 2021
I am a new member here and intend to go with my family to Japan, sometime next year. As usual with others, I am studying the Genki I and II books and reading in Japanese as much as possible.
A few years back I donated my entire Nihongo Journal to a library because we were also moving out of where I was. I am now trying to find at least a digital library of those magazines which I loved for learning the Japanese Language. If anyone has so and can share with me, I will certainly appreciate it and in return I will try to share with you some other digital learning Japanese stuff I have.
Thanks so much in advance, and I am looking forward to meet others in here and learn and share with others what I know.
Regards
Techiex

I still have three or four back issues of Nihongo Journal and I really miss it. I haven't seen any online resource beyond some page scans uploaded by fans. You could contact ALC to see if they have back issues to sell.

Keep them! I have seen copies of Nihongo Journal offered on eBay for 35-50 USD apiece.

I have almost the complete set of Mangajin original magazines. Unfortunately the value has not increased to that extent.

I am a new member here and intend to go with my family to Japan, sometime next year. As usual with others, I am studying the Genki I and II books and reading in Japanese as much as possible.
A few years back I donated my entire Nihongo Journal to a library because we were also moving out of where I was. I am now trying to find at least a digital library of those magazines which I loved for learning the Japanese Language. If anyone has so and can share with me, I will certainly appreciate it and in return I will try to share with you some other digital learning Japanese stuff I have.
Thanks so much in advance, and I am looking forward to meet others in here and learn and share with others what I know.
Regards
Techie

Regards
Techiex
timaki,
thanks for your reply, I appreciate your comments.

oh wow, I forgot all about that. I should find mine. I have moved a few times had them stored somewhere but they should be in my basement now. I had quite a number of them. Yea it was very good, the best of its category IMHO. I also have almost all the mangajin somewhere but that was not as good, it was on subscriptions kids were selling so I bought it several times then filled in back issues. Their idea was good to get in on the new manga/anime interest. Another one that is out there is hiragana times which is available digital, I have not looked at that in years.

Hiragana Times Nihongo journal was just so much better in my eyes so Hiragana Times did not hold me. Hiragana Times was not as advanced. Still might be worth a look. I should probably look at it again myself, I was just reminded now that you got me thinking about Japanese learning magazines.

There is just no way someone would pay this:

Amazon product ASIN B0026ZH1YU

Thinking some more at the end of their life they had a digital option the last year or two, I was a subscriber but my memory is fuzzy.

I found the contents of their last issue:
日本語ジャーナル
2007年 12月号 (CD1枚付き)
12月号(オンデマンド版)
価格(税込)¥1,680
サイズ B5
ページ数 130 ページ
発行年月 2007年 12月

商品の説明
『日本語ジャーナル(オンデマンド版)』は、日本語学習者の為に、"日本語学習"と"日本の情報"を提供する月刊誌です。

「日本語の会話力を高めること」に力を入れた企画や、4技能をバランスよく伸ばすための特集・連載も盛りだくさん!NJニュースでは、刻々と移り変わる日本経済や話題の出来事などを取り上げます。日本語能力試験や留学試験の日本語の対策もあり、日本語学習にすぐに役立つ連載を多数盛り込んだ一冊となっております。[主要な記事には中国語(簡体字・繁体字)、韓国語、英語の翻訳付]

2007年12月15日発売号---------------------------------------------
*『日本語ジャーナル(オンデマンド版)』は、今月号(2007年12月号)を持ちまして最終号となります。

●SECTION 1 特集 (英訳付)
・特集 日本語・日本理解のキーポイント 季節の日本語表現
[コラム] 知って得する 日本人のマナー

●SECTION 2 新COOL JAPAN (英訳付)
・鉄道大好き日本人 ——鉄道博物館オープン

●SECTION 3 NJ ニュース (英訳付)
・過去最高、日本で就職する留学生
・20代の若者は堅実な生活を好む
・若者の辞書は携帯電話
・ミネラルウォーターの輸入、過去最高に
・新聞記事を読みこなそう
[コラム] ことわざ・慣用句クイズ!

●SECTION 4 日本語学習 (英訳付)
・マンガで学ぶ日本語会話 ① 小さな言葉から大きな広がりを
・マンガで学ぶ日本語会話 ② 今の世の中
[コラム] 日本人の常識
・日本語学習を支える異文化コミュニケーションガイド
・日本語のジェンダー
・日本旅行講座
・漢字クイズ
[コラム] マニアック日本語

●SECTION 5 日本語能力試験
試験直前! 1級全科目の模擬試験
3級〜1級 文字・語彙
3級〜1級 文法
3級〜1級 読解
3級〜1級 聴解
3級〜1級 文字・語彙のポイント
3級〜1級 文法のポイント
3級〜1級 聴解のポイント
聴解スクリプト
解答
[コラム]面白いもの見つけた!

●SECTION 6 日本留学試験
日本留学試験の「日本語」 受験対策講座

●SECTION 7 韓国語版
特集、 新COOL JAPAN、 日本語学習(マンガで学ぶ日本語会話、異文化コミュニケーションガイド、日本語のジェンダー、日本旅行講座、漢字クイズ)、コラム

●SECTION 8 中国語版(繁体字)
特集、 新COOL JAPAN、 日本語学習(マンガで学ぶ日本語会話、異文化コミュニケーションガイド、日本語のジェンダー、日本旅行講座、漢字クイズ)、コラム

●SECTION 9 中国語版(簡体字)
特集、 新COOL JAPAN、 日本語学習(マンガで学ぶ日本語会話、異文化コミュニケーションガイド、日本語のジェンダー、日本旅行講座、漢字クイズ)、コラム)

Thanks for your comments and input. I am looking for digital copies of these magazines just to review the language.
Hope you find them and enjoy reading them again.
Regards

If I remember correctly they had a digital option for only the last couple years. Not sure where you could find a copy of that even pirated. At least in it's day I think it was really good for learners. The magazine was pretty expensive as you can see above. There is a lot of resources on the internet now. I am impressed hiragana times survives.

Thanks for everybody's comments. I am aware this is not going to be an easy task but I will continue to search until I get the digital complete Nihongo Journals. I read a messages here from 2015 or earlier where members of this forum were asking from some members here responding to another member who claimed he/she had the entire collection in display. I do not know where those who asked that person got any digital copies or not, so I hope my responses are reaching those of you who did get digital copies. I will continue my search, now it has become a matter of principle!

To have a digital copy they would have had to scan them. My collection is large but when I have time to find it I won't have time to scan many hundreds of pages. I have seen pirate copies of some things including textbooks but I have not seen one for a complete collection of nihongo journal. You may be able to find a couple years of digital copies though. Good luck to you. Why not just subscribe to Hiragana times? I also noticed you are studying Genki I and II, those books are way after my time but is that not more beginner than the intermediate Nihongo Journal was aimed at?

Back
Top Bottom