What's new

New Keitai

Dogen Z

aka YOSUQUE
23 Apr 2007
This is it! The one I've been waiting for. :) The X10, Sony Ericsson's Android touchscreen smartphone. I won't have to drag my laptop everywhere to be connected to the Google cloud anymore. And my faithful 4 yo. Sharp keitai can now take a well deserved retirement.

[youtube]BPw-yKyxAuU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Sources say this will be a Docomo phone, and it will be expensive. So hang on to your Docomo points until spring of next year.

htc hd2

HTC's new phone HD2 looks like a direct challenger to X10. And it's coming out this month. Docomo currently offers the HTC Magic, and Softtouch has the HTC Touch. Which phone company is going to bring out this new puppy in Japan?

Best phones 2021: the very best smartphones, ranked

It's priced at US$800 without a sevice contract in Taiwan.

Last edited:
iPhone 4G

Not to be outdone, Apple is introducing iPhone 4G next Summer, just in time for Docomo's roll out of its next-generation, high-speed network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be outdone, Apple is introducing iPhone 4G next July, just in time for Docomo roll out of its 4G infrastructure - d/l speed of 100Mb/sec while on a speeding train!

Doe that mean Docomo will be offering i-phone? I am in the market for a new phone and I was going to get the blackberry bold from Docomo. There is no way I am going to go with softbank as their reception is terrible.

Doe that mean Docomo will be offering i-phone? I am in the market for a new phone and I was going to get the blackberry bold from Docomo. There is no way I am going to go with softbank as their reception is terrible.

I'm not sure, but I would guess not. Softbank will be conducting trials for its LTE system (a high speed system) next spring. So iPhone 4G could work on the Softbank network by summer.

Anyway, if you're going to use your phone for business, the Bold is one of the best you could get (much better than the iPhone according to surveys).

And the upcoming LTE system for both Docomo and Softbank is not a true 4G system. It's pre-4G, so that users of old phones aren't left with incompatible devices. In the meantime, the industry is debating about what can be called 4G.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I would guess not. Softbank will be conducting trials for its LTE system (a high speed system) next spring. So iPhone 4G could work on the Softbank network by summer.
Anyway, if you're going to use your phone for business, the Bold is one of the best you could get (much better than the iPhone according to surveys).
And the upcoming LTE system for both Docomo and Softbank is not a true 4G system. It's pre-4G, so that users of old phones aren't left with incompatible devices. In the meantime, the industry is debating about what can be called 4G.
Good to know, looks like I will be sticking with the bold then. Thanks.

Nexus One

Okay, I'm a techno junkie and I love the new smartphone ads. As you all probably know by now, Google has made its own phone, and it looks like a real challenge to the iPhone. Only thing is, right now it's a GSM version, which means it won't work in Japan.

The good news is, Google plans to have a CDMA version, which could work in Japan, in a couple of months. And, I don't know how Google could pass up this huge mobile phone market that has one of the fastest wireless transmission rates in the world that would let Google show off its capabilities. So I think we will see a real fight among Google, HTC, and Sony-Ericcsson this spring. But, I don't think they'll compete on price, at least not initially.

Docomo

This is it! The one I've been waiting for. :) The X10, Sony Ericsson's Android touchscreen smartphone. I won't have to drag my laptop everywhere to be connected to the Google cloud anymore. And my faithful 4 yo. Sharp keitai can now take a well deserved retirement.
[youtube]BPw-yKyxAuU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Docomo announced that it will offer the Experia X10 in April at a price of between 35,000 - 40,000 with a 2 year contract. A much better price than I expected.

So the next question is, "Will AU offer the Google phone, Nexus One?"

xperia x10

FYI Docomo is selling the xperia w/o an English manual, which is strange because the xperia is one of its few handsets that are being sold globally. However, an English manual is available online. It's a bit hard to find so you might want to use this:

User's Manual for Xperia(TM) SO-01B | Support | NTT DOCOMO

And there's an English tutorial on the phone. Go to Setting>About Phone>Tutorial.

The Xperia is pretty cool and has some features that reportedly will be on the next iPhone. I like the sync with Google services.

dictionary apps

If you need an eectronic dictionary, you should try some of the apps on smartphones. I recommend colordict, a good basic dictionary, and Aedict, which includes a kanji dictionary-search by drawing or by radical. I also recommend jlpt practice that has a flashcard program to help you study kanji/vocabulary according to proficiency level.

Back
Top Bottom