What's new

My plans for Japan

Uh, why would we "do well" to consider those things, and just what do you mean specifically?

Basing my ability to earn a livelihood in Japan on the U.S. bases was the absolute LAST thing I wanted to do.

Glenski, my opinion is that one would do well to consider all options.

I didn't say anyone should make that choice, merely that if one is trying to live and work in Japan, it is an option. Some may choose it, some may not, and most may not be given the option.

Personally, I feel that all disabled children deserve treatment, and I have no moral opposition to treating children here whose parents are connected to the U.S. government. Others may feel differently.

If that last paragraph was directed at me, you have misinterpreted my post.

I was in the Navy when the Philippines kicked the bases out and I didn't want to gamble the bases would remain in Japan until I reach retirement age. The prospect of them disappearing with me halfway through a career and otherwise unprepared to earn a living on the local economy was unappealing. So I learned the language and entered a field that has nothing to do with my being a gaijin. Just simple prudence.

Last edited:
It wasn't, it was a general statement because I know some people disagree with the presence. I fully respect their opinions and it was in no way meant to be anything other than an honest representation of my opinion of my situation.

EDIT: I actually intend to move towards opportunities on the economy, though I haven't decided a field I'd enjoy yet since I'd need to redo my entire education in Japan to remain in my current profession.

I guess NickChan is as fluid as anything, having slipped away from the whole conversation he started. What's the point of asking questions if you don't stick around to see the answers?

Back
Top Bottom