What's new

meiko kaji

persian893

先輩
18 Jul 2004
konnichiha

i am from iran, allthough i live most of the time in germany/usa. nice to be on your forum.
i heard meiko kaji in tarantinos kill bill movie, which i liked very much, so i wonder if you could recommend me some other japanese singers/songs that have the same style. thanks a lot.

bai,
P.

Greetings!

I'm so glad to hear someone bring up Meiko Kaji here because of the Kill Bill soundtracks. I was happily surprised to hear hear some of her music when seeing that film...

Meiko Kaji sings in a style known as "enka", a style popular in Japan for a long time and especially since the early 1950's. There are many singers, both male and female, in this style... much too many to list here. Kaji-san's style is unique, but still typical of the "enka" style in general... so you'd probably like many of the artists in this style, both past and present.

CD Japan's website (www.cdjapan.co.jp) might be a good place to start. Whether or not you end up getting your music from them, they have a very extensive listing of "enka" artists and their singles/albums in English... and if you foloow links to their Japanese-language pages, they even have samples of some songs to preview as well!

Good luck, and I hope you find some other "enka" artists you like!

🙂

Back
Top Bottom