What's new

JR rail pass for two weeks : yea or nay?

Buy the rail pass

• yea

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kawaiisan

haskell advocate
16 Feb 2005
So I asked a question about going to japan a few weeks back, but situation's changed a little bit. We decreased the city count by a little, and now the schedule looks like:

Super Public

I'm just wondering now, are rail passes still the best way to go? Also, any thoughts about that schedule, what do you think of the schedule?

Accomodation's been confirmed a little bit, just booking through them one by one. We're gonna spend one day on a capsule hotel and the last day on an expensive hotel in Tokyo.. any recommendations?

All help appreciated, it's our first time going overseas where we have to plan ourselves, so we need all the help we can get 😌

I did not add it up or anything but you should still be getting your money's worth if you buy the pass.

The question is always whether you will use it enough to make it worthwhile. An added benefit of the pass is you show it to the station attendant, bypassing the purchase of tickets and going through the turnstiles. Just know the limits of the pass, since it's just for JR lines.

I'd get the 2 week pass. Also, take a look at Inuyama Castle near Nagoya. Nagoya Castle is nice from the outside, but the inside is simply modern, air conditioned, and with elevators.

HyperDia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.

Here is a site you can use to put in all your itinerary to see if you are going to make back what you pay for. (You must use JR lines remember). Like I said before, just eyeing it, I think you are fine, but if you wanna make sure. (and be sure to put you will be using shinkansen).

I came here on the JR pass once a long time ago, and figured I saved about 50% on all the money I would have spent on train tickets without it.

Back
Top Bottom