What's new

Insurance

Tim33

先輩
10 Mar 2005
Im going to leave this summer to go to Japan for study for one year.
Im told i need insurance. My university supplied me with no information about where to go and what to do. Wahoo there is that organisation again.

Any English people been there to study and know where i go to to get this insurance???

I am pretty sure by law you have to enroll in kokumin kenko hoken thru your ward office. It is pretty cheap the first year - around 5-6000yen per month. Maybe even less.

This link confirms it.

横浜市

Ryugakusei Kokumin-Kenko-Hoken-Hojo
The Kyoto City International Foundation provides a National Health Insurance subsidy (Ryugakusei-Kokumin-Kenko-Hoken-Hojo) to privately funded foreign students of universities and junior colleges in Kyoto City. The subsidy is a maximum of 1,000 yen per month for health expenses (or the monthly total if less) To be eligible, the student must be a resident of Kyoto City.

http://www.kcif.or.jp/en/benri/03_01.html

Last edited:
Financial Aid for Medical Expenses

http://www.shinshu-u.ac.jp/english/sl/health/health.html

If you have received and paid for medical treatment for illness or injuries during your stay in Japan, 80% of your medical expenses is subsidized by the Association of International Education, Japan(Nihon Kokusai Kyoiku Kyokai).

Application for international students' medical assistance
Patients must pay medical expenses before they apply for financial aid. The receipt of the payment is necessary for the application.

Required forms for application
An application form for the registration for international students' medical assistance(Gaikokujin Ryugakusei Iryohi Hojo Shinseisho)
The form is available at the International Student Affairs Division(Ryugakusei-ka) of the Student Affairs Department(Gakusei-bu) and the Educational Section (Gakumu-gakari) of each Faculty.

Hmm thats very helpful and i will look into that.

However it think i have to get insurance in England, that was the impression i was given.

Back
Top Bottom