What's new

Holiday Greetings!

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
Surprised no one has asked yet !! How bout a bunch of things to say for the holidays (Romaji Please). Like Happy New Year-Merry Xmas AND some special sayings only Japanese people would use, if any. I'm Sending my Japanese teacher her Xmas card and I need to make some brownie points !!

Thanks to all who reply !!!

Frank
:)

Shinnen akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!

Kind of a "student to teacher" way of saying "Happy New Year"...

Thanks Kirei !!!

I was expecting tons of replies on this one; guess not !!
Thanks again !!

Frank

🙂

Yeah, I would've thought so too, Frank. Some might still reply. I think mine is a good one, though. I'm sure your teacher will be impressed. ;)

Don't forget to say what kirei said when you start class in the new year, too...plus "kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu"

Re: Thanks Kirei !!!

Originally posted by Frank D. White
I was expecting tons of replies on this one; guess not !!
Thanks again !!

Frank

🙂
There really aren't that many ways, that I know of anyway. The one already mentioned is very general -- a step up would be "Kinga shinnen" like you find on greeting cards, but unless you can write the kanji it may look a little silly or incomplete. 🙂

How would you say "Merry Christmas!" in Japanese? ..I'm drawing a Christmas card to send to my friend in japan and i wanted to put it on the card somewhere....

ありがとう! :)

Porl''

thank you so much! ;)
That's katakana right? ..will it go into hiragana? ..also, i wanted to put it on a banner, like the samurai used to wear into battle..so it has to be written vertically.. would it be written as the first character at the top then you go down? ..or the other way round? ..sorry. :oops: [edit] ..like the little cow dude has on my avatar. ;)

ありがとうございます。 <-- I think that's right.. haha

Porl''

Originally posted by Porl
thank you so much! ;)

thats katakana right? ..will it go into hiragana? ..also, i wanted to put it on a banner, like the samurai used to wear into battle..so it has to be written vertically.. would it be written as the first character at the top then you go down? ..or the other way round? ..sorry. 😊 [edit] ..like the little cow dude has on my avatar. ;)

窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、窶堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。 🙂 <--i think thats right.. haha

Porl''
Yep, the first character at the top....and it is katakana of course. I guess it really has been too long since I've actually handwritten anything myself. 😊

Back
Top Bottom