What's new

Hajimemashita? Ohayou Gozaimasu?

Does anyone think it difficult to learn verbs in Nihongo?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I can't say for sure/I need a reference point...

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Used to have trouble, but adjusted to it.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shiroi na Tenshi

White Angel
12 Feb 2007
What I need the mosty help in concerningthe Japanese language is the conjugation of verbs. I understand that there is an error in my name (Which was supposed to mimic the "White Angel" idea via "Shiroi na Tenshi"...)

Anyway, would somebody offer me something to aid me with my practice?

Well, if you want help on your name, I'll tell you that "shiroi" is a true adjective, meaning it ends in "i" and does not need "na".

Oh, and it's "hajimemashite". ;)

As for verbs, I can't really explain to you, but it's best if you started with verbs that ended with -ru. Most of those verbs have the same method of being conjugated.

Poke around this site a bit and you will uncover a mountain of material regarding the conjugation of verbs and adjectives.

on hajimemashite...

...isn't the verb in its truest unadulterated form the verb "hajimaru", or, to begin?
hajimaru is not the same as hajimeru?
is Hajimemashita a verb or not? i think it's the perfect tense (as in past tense) for a verb like this one.
So there!😊
And i guess I'll shut up. one more thing, if I need more practice with English, please tell me. I'm not ashamed.
There is a thing I like about being multi-lingual... I can speak Korean now, true karenic burmese (still learning) Shishou tells me I can master japanese in a little while at this rate. I'm always listening to Jmusic, or Kpop, or K-B music.
it's nothing to be ashamed of...as far as I know...to associate and learn all these languages at once.
Did anyone get my signature yet? it's one of the first idiomatic expressions I learned form Prof. Fuyutsuki.

...isn't the verb in its truest unadulterated form the verb "hajimaru", or, to begin?
hajimaru is not the same as hajimeru?
is Hajimemashita a verb or not? i think it's the perfect tense (as in past tense) for a verb like this one.
So there!😊
Hajimemashita = past polite conjugation of Hajimeru
Hajimemashite = te form polite conjugation of Hajimeru

Hajimeru is the transitive form of the verb meaning "to start" or "to begin."

Forget about perfect tense in Japanese. 😊

「はじめまして」as a greeting is not the conjugated form of the verb はじめる, and I think that is what the OP meant by Hajimemashite.

It is said that「はじめまして」as a greeting derives from 「初めてお目にかかります」 "I meet you for the first time" or more literally, "You see me for the first time".
I am sure you already know it is a common greeting, equivalent of "How do you do".

As for the difference between はじめる and はじまる、the former is a transitive verb while the latter is an intransitive verb.

きょう、わたし は えいご の べんきょう を はじめる。
Today, I start studying English.

2じ に、えいご の じゅぎょう が はじまる。
The English lesson starts at 2 o'clock.

Back
Top Bottom