What's new

English teacher....no spring chicken

Phillip

Phillip
20 Jul 2003
Hi all
I am a 45 y/o who would like to teach English for the first time in Japan, is there anybody else here of a similar age who is doing the same thing who could offer some advise on where to look for work, or perhaps tell me what experiences they've had?
Many thanks.

You might want to try here for an overview of job opportunities.

Although I believe there is still age discrimination in Japan concerning teachers, it will not be impossible for you to find decent employment if your are really serious. You may have to look a little harder that's all.

Maybe some of the other regulars here who are living in Japan could give you more up to date advice. And read around the forums as there are many differing views on teaching English

Good luck.

Thank you for the info Pachipro (sorry for my late reply). After reading some of the other posts on this forum it makes me wonder what to expect.....no pain, no gain!!

All the best.

Phil

Would you be doing this for the money or for the experience? If it's for the former, it might not be a very good idea.

Hi nice gaijin,

Neither of those is my motivation. I've read that the money has decreased for teachers over the last few years so I take your point.

Back
Top Bottom