What's new

Bunny Petting Cafe

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
for tsuyoiko :D

I guess no mo pancake on head bunnies....

http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_asia/2009-08-29/932933954632.html
youtube vid on link above....
Bunny Petting Catches on in Japanese Café
An enterprising Japanese café has pulled a rabbit – actually a lot of rabbits – out of it's marketing hat.

The "Usagi-to-Cafe" or "The Rabbit and Cafe" in the central Japanese city of Nagoya, is drawing on the soothing effect of petting live bunnies to attract more customers.

[Hiromi Ono, Businesswoman and Customer]:
"They are different from stuffed animals, as well as from dogs or cats. They feel as fluffy as cotton and I feel so relaxed when I am cuddling them."

Pet cafes have popped up everywhere in Japan where many rented apartments ban the ownership of pets.

Most of them are cat-themed, and the "Usagi-to-Cafe" is probably one of the first to specialize in rabbits.

Unlike the more hygienic cats who mingle among the dinning patrons, rabbits here are set apart in a separate room from the dining area.

Café owner Naoki Kurata says pampered bunnies tend to reject their owners after a while if not properly taught to socialize.

[Naoki Kurata, Café Owner]:
"Home-raised rabbits often reject being cuddled because they are over-pampered. But bunnies here are taught to be amenable that you can pet and cuddle them as much as you want, and many customers like it."

And like it they must because even at noon on a workday there was a steady trickle of visitors willing to pay the 900 yen (9 U.S. dollars) table charge and 100 yen (1 U.S. dollar) per minute rate to cuddle one of the 18 staff bunnies.

Customers like Tomomi Egashira take advantage of the café's BYOB, bring your own bunny, policy.

[Tomomi Egashira, Housewife and Customer]:
"I brought my bunny here today hoping that she would get along with other bunnies.ツ"

While basing business on something as fickle as pets may seem a bit risky, Kurata says business has been brisk over the year, thanks to the many turning to cuddly rabbits to soothe the stress of their daily lives.

Back
Top Bottom