What's new

BEIJING SHANGHAI XI'AN an Unforgettable travel

Beijing: This place is huge, you'll have to take a lot of taxis, esp. if you live budget style outside "Old" Beijing and have to commute into the centre. Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall all come as advertised, less commercial than similar places in Japan too, although that is changing fast. A fittingly great capital for a great civilization.

Shanghai: Glitzier city, but not much to "see". Its more modern than anywhere else in China (Except Hong Kong) but if you come from Tokyo or something I don't think you want to see anymore skyscrapers do you? Head out to Suzhou, Hangzhou and take in some gardens and traditional relaxed lifestyle there.

Xi'an: Good city for tourists, the medieval city walls are intact, and terracotta warriors are good too, be aware that you can't see them up close as it supposedly damages them or something like that. the Ancient Capital of China.

Of all my traveling to China all these years. Hangzhou is my fav. I hang around Hangzhou Shanghai Jejiang area a lot.

Back
Top Bottom