What's new

Banned as a troll/ legitimacy of violent revolt

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
I recently joined a forum specifically for remote control hobbyists to get some questions answered about my new R/C helicopter. But I found a thread about general things and could not resist commenting on news and politics.
I wracked up a few infraction points and was asked to edit some posts, and I did edit some. But then suddenly I was labeled a troll and permanently banned. Thing is, I had no idea why. I had to make a new account just to be able to PM an admin and ask what the reason was.
Here is the response I got:
Dear Otto Rotation,
One of your posts has been found by a moderator to be in violation of RCGroups community rules:
Original Post:
Another celeb apologizing after being called to the carpet ... - Page 12 - RC Groups
Post content:
Quote:
Michael, you demonstrate why things are different in Canada. Or maybe there is just something in American water? A sort of kool aid? Well, I am no longer drinking it.
About all I can say is that Canada too has gotten a crappy, rights trampling conservative government (and anyone who thinks an American Democrat is a liberal has a whole BUNCH of that kool aid). But I note that Canada got that way AFTER America.
And for all these complaints about Obama, I note that no one has taken a shot at him yet. For lying and leading the country into unnecessary wars, I note that no one has taken a shot at GWB and his pals.
For all this whining about how we need guns to take the country back, none of these gun carriers have the balls to do anything about the government. The guns are just replacements for balls they do not have.
The warned post is currently hidden from other users to give you a chance to edit it. Once you edit your post it will be visible to other users again and all record of this rule violation will be removed from your account.
Otherwise, your infraction will stay in your account until it ages for a certain number of days. If you accumulate a large number of points your account may be temporarily suspended.
For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).
After Oct 09, 2013, this infraction will be automatically forgiven.
An exhaustive list of rules for the site can be found on the RCGroups Rules page.
There is no further penalty for being warned other than the accumulation of points. You may accumulate 10 points before being subjected to a 5 day temporary ban from the site. Very few users reach the 10 point level by accident so if this is your first or second infraction, please accept the infraction point as merely a friendly reminder about the rules of the site.
An RCGroups administrator will perform a review of the infraction sometime within the next several days, at which time the infraction will either be reversed or confirmed. If you feel that you've received the infraction point in error please feel free to initiate a thread in Site Suggestions / Complaints. Address the administrators with your specific objection and they will attempt to assist you if a mistake has been made.
The reason you have been warned is because:
Reason: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)
The post is designed to annoy other users, inflate the post count of the author, describe or recommend an illegal or recklessly dangerous activity, or give advice that, if followed, would cause obvious harm.
The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
-------
All the best,
RC Groups
Okay, so it seems I was banned for 1) pointing out the disparity between people's words and actions and 2) describing an illegal activity, cause I certainly did not recommend anyone take a shot at Obama or GWB.
While on the one hand I am glad to have gotten some sort of explanation for being banned, my new account was also shut down, leaving me no option for further discussion with admins, no way to edit my post, no way to thank them for the explanation, and no way to post a message for appeal despite being give a link to do so. Rather annoying and not at all helpful for the admins or their forum. And if I make a new account, now I am guilty of having multiple accounts! They really are not helping themselves.
And also I do not find this to be trolling. Do you? Pointing out disparity between words and actions is not a "design" to annoy.
And sure, insurrection and revolt may be illegal, but I note its how the United States of America came to exist. If you cannot speak about insurrection at a forum in the United States of America, where the hell can you?
If anything, I think the worst part of my post was saying that they "had no balls". I would probably edit that first, perhaps using words like "a lack of courage", as if there is any difference but semantics.

Back
Top Bottom