What's new

Aiko

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Aiko was my first introduction to Jpop, and when I listen to it, it gives me great memories, I am not the biggest fan of her, (hai hai Utada) but my wife is a big fan, and I just wanted to introduce her too you guys!

I think she makes really happy music, and can make a big smile on your face, sheツ´s not really pretty or sexy, but Kawaii thatツ´s for sure!

aiko (real name: Aiko Yanai) is a Japanese pop singer/songwriter. She was born on the 22nd November 1975 in Suita City, Osaka. She studied popular music vocals at the Osaka College of Music [1], graduating in 1996.

aiko is known for her cheerful disposition. Her music, which is primarily love songs, reaches a wide audience; particularly young girls all over East Asia and beyond. Oricon published the results of a survey with 20,000 subscribers' favourite singers, and aiko headed the list.

She is rather short (at 152 cm/5 ft).

In July, 1998, aiko made her nationwide debut with her song "Ashita". Since then, she has had a successful career with her songs being used in television commercials and TV dramas. This exposure has attracted her many listeners.

After the release of "Hanabi" (her third single) aiko became recognised natiowide. At this point, she started promotional appearances on TV every time one of her works is released commercially.

Her second album, "Sakura no Ki no Shita" sold over one million copies. aiko has become one of the major forces driving Japanese pop music. from wikipedia

Pictures

aiko_kirakira_J2-1.jpg

Aiko on Youtube.com
Aiko live kabutomushi
aiko - kirakira PV
Aiko - Mikuni Eki

Her officiel homepage

Hey, I like Aiko! I have her song 'SUTA', and some other ones. SHe's not as cutey-cutey as Otsuka, has her own sound, and a good voice. I like to sing alone with Aiko!

But finding info on her in english is soo hard.. and finding songs too.. :?

Youtube.com has a lot of PV's

and on the tracker of Jpop suki, are all her albums... I got all albums here, and I bought the Live DVD for my wife last week, which is a really cool DVD!!!

Aiko, is maybe not as cute from the outside, but from the inside she is really cute, and her songs are pretty genki.

I always think about Aiko as cute, but when I see her in Boyfriend, I actually think she is pretty HOT haha.

A problem I have with JPOP is that too much of it sounds alike to me but I can always distinguish Aiko's music. Her songs have kind a jazzy influence and her voice is very distinctive. I have one of her CDs (Yume no naka massugu no michi) in my player right now.

Time to bring this thread back to life :D

Aiko has a new album, it's her 10th album already:

[video=youtube;lrA3quymfjg]

Back
Top Bottom