What's new

A Happy 2011 - a brief outlook

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Dear valued Members,

on behalf of the JREF team I would like to wish you a Happy Year of the Rabbit! May your hopes and dreams come true and all your endeavours turn out to be successful!

I would like to thank you, our visitors, for your continued interest in Japan Reference and the team for their tireless efforts to keep JREF a friendly place to indulge in all things Japanese.

It certainly was a year full of change not only for JREF, but for its administrator, too. And we are planning on implementing other changes as well:

- I currently work on what we will call the "Japan Portal", a new site section featuring articles and information on all aspects of Japan. Due to our split-up in March last year we lost most of our 'non-forum-based Japan-related' content. This section will replace that relinquished content. If you are willing to share or to contribute your Japan-related articles we'd be more than glad to publish your content under your name.

- Secondly, we have started to introduce a revamped design that we will implement site-wide, also here on the forum. Please check out the latest style we have added, JREF Wide & Large. Being fully aware of the fact that many users are reluctant to accept change, I still believe that this style which will become our default style, will satisfy most of our users in terms of user-friendliness and branding. We will maintain a few other styles as well, but I cannot promise to keep them up-to-date.

Once again thanks for your interest in JREF! I hope you will bear with us in yet another year full of exciting changes.

And my hat goes off to you too, Thomas, for all you have done, and are doing. I too like that easier to read size (and will probably use it). I hope that 2011 will be a greater than ever so far year for you and yours, Thomas, and I really look forward to giving you the welcome of royalty at my humble hillside abode in early May !! Here's to you, and JREF !! CHEERS !!

I'm not sure what the point of a larger design is. Will help people with difficulty reading smaller text, that's for sure. However, beyond that purpose, what is being improved upon design-wise?

Back
Top Bottom