What's new

A Bit Of Fantasy (to keep creative minds active)

smoke

後輩
18 Feb 2005
Ok. You've got $500 (or the equivilant in your currency) in your pocket. A one way ticket to any destination. A rucksack filled with clothes (yours, obviously). A pack of cigarettes and pewter hip flask you found full of whiskey - on it is engraved "I was lost and have been found - return me home safe and sound - Luke, 15-11-32".

Where do you go?

What do you do?

Why?

-

Ooh ooh I like this! If you just gave me the $500 Smoke, I could turn it into Reality!

If this was indeed true to me, I would get on a flight for the Greek Islands. Im not too sure which one, but I would get the plane to fly over low and I would Sky Dive down to my favourite Island, set up a bank account with $400 and set up some sort of lean to or other accomodation, and tour the island. I think I would like an island that didnt have too many people living on it. I would buy a barbecue out of my hundred dollars, and some beer. Then I would find something to barbecue. Maybe I would have to start liking fish????
Anyway I chose the Greek Islands because the water looks so beautiful. I know its not exactly tropical wonderland, but I think that I would like it, as it will be slightly civillianised.

I think Greece sounds wonderful! I've always wanted to go there!

I'll have to come back to this...

I go west towards the mountains, theres something about the west and mountains combo that draws me to it......

*shakes head* Anyway, after exploring the glacialy carved landscapes of the source of the river that runs through my city, and having passed the beauty of the upper valley before you really hit the mountains superior, and getting the time to savour the sights i will probably turn south, and, pretty much bored with what i can see in the UK, i will cross to the continent, explore germany, and the alps, walk through italy, maybe sail to greece and walk through asia minor, then head to iraq, then decide to do a total detour, head back across the desert to the holy lands and follow the nile to etheopia, i would want to visit somalia for some reason, see mogadishu, but, its unlikely so i would sail to iran, explore there, and walk to the indian sub-continent, explore a little on my way to the himalaya's, then walk north to west china, walk through mongolia, then go down eastern china, into indo-china, explore nearly all of indonesia (i love it) then go visit australia i guess, just because its on the way to touring new zealand, then i would sail to japan, explore there, hell, live there a little while if possible, then sail to america, rush through that and america and explore south america. i would cross over to south africa, explore northwards, and up through spain and france and britain again to my house, and then feel maybe a little bit too completed in life, and be bored.

Of course theres no time limit so i can spend any amount of time in my exploration, i might not even ever make it home, not to mention earning mnoey along the way.

My reason is simply, i carry this sometimes rather un-quenchable thirst for exploration, its daft really, i'll see the top of a hill, and i'll have this urge to walk to it and see what lays beyond.
I love wildernesse and so, if i am travelling through a fairly wild area, i will want so badly to leave the well trodden trail and climb a hill to see whats beyond, because anything worth seeing wildernesse related wont be on any roads or anything, lol.
I suppouse their's actual places with people, man-made things, or history, or other reasons to see places, but at a quick thought it would purely be for act of exploration....i envy the ancient world for not knowing what laid beyond, for someone like me it must have been so tempting to go beyond the known world, shame we know everything these days.

If only i could live to explore space....

Wow! If you are totally sure you could do it on $500 can I come too???
Otherwise Kirei you are more than welcome to come to the Greek Islands with me! As long as you dont piddle on me when you jump out of the plane!!!! :D

Actually, when we got to New Zealand we wouldnt need much money. I worked in Tourism, and as far as some people are aware, I still do.... soooo we would have dirt cheap accomodation (free when we stay with friends and family), cheap beer! And... really cheap fun stuff to do!

I cash in the ticket, go home, drink the whisky, and fire off an order for $500 worth of Joya de Nicaraguas. Then I eagerly anticipate the mailman's arrival.

Those of us who are on the go all the time know the true value of sitting on your butt at home, doing nothing in particular.

Hahha, well put. Well after being on the go 70+ hours a week before going travelling, I have reached the stale part of travelling. No money, and bored as hell! Even as we speak I am looking up websites of where I can go to volunteer as an english teacher in an orphanage. Im just a bit afraid that I will cry too much. My heart hasn't hardened up as much as I had hoped it would.
So enough of sitting on my *** doing nothing, I want to be busy 70+ hours a week again. I dont even care if it is free stuff.
But then, I wouldnt turn down a free trip somewhere, so I could have a break from here for a bit.

Hey, Kara_Nari and Nurizeko, how about this
given:
1) ticket
2) 500$
3) backpack
4) flask
5) cigarettes

we have pretty good chances to walk around a world. Maybe not the whole
round trip, but pretty much. We could pick same destination for the ticlet
and meet there and then work out the rout.
We can visit JRef members in many countries and they could give an advice
how to get cheap and fair accomodation. At warm places we can just sleep
outside. I don`t smoke, at some countries cigarettes can be traded for food
We can do some autostop travel (a lot of people make an amazing distance
like this) and so on...

so, will we join and if so, where do we start? 🙂

Well Void.. you are quite close to me... so how about we meet in North Korea? We could fly Nurizeko into Mongolia and meet him there. Then we could walk through North Korea (I will have to get us some disguises so that we dont get caught), possibly swim up across to China and then up through to Mongolia to meet up with Nurizeko. From there is it possible to get to Russia? It is right? Well we could take the train (riding on the top) right across to the other side... where will that take us? Anywhere near Europe? Sorry my Geography is failing me at the moment... anyhow we could cash in our tickets and trade them in for Stand-by tickets, or better yet stowaway on a ship bound for somewhere like Africa! Then we can tame some elephants and go elephant riding! Along the way we can find suitable materials to make a raft, or small boat of our own, and get on in South Africa and let the current take us to.... um somewhere else. Eventually we would get to South America anyhow, and we could do some illegal dealings there... head up through the United States, use our $500 to buy a really cheap van that we can sleep in, and do a road trip right up to Canada, being sure to stop off at all of our favourite Jref members houses on the way (I mean the ones that live in USA). If we timed it right, and started fairly soon, we could maybe hitch a ride to New Zealand with Santa Claus... thats if we can make it to the North Pole by December. Otherwise we would have to steal Rudolph or one of his buddies and con them into taking us somewhere.
Maybe if we all put that on our wish lists for Christmas, Santa might just give us a break?
Ok, you decide what happens in the Southern Hemisphere... I want to go up through South East Asia too...

Let`s wait for Nurizeko opinion
But i wouldn`t like to tease ths geese and go to N.Korea. No doubt, ordinary people are friendly, but our european look can`t be hidden by any disguise :D

Accepting your choice of direction
1) Better then join in Mongolia, enjoy the horseback ride across the country (Gobi, might be a bother, but i read some folks managed it somehow with help of local people)
Then Russia . No, trucks would be more fun - free and might meet interesting people.
If we head for the Europe then we can cross many countries. Maybe passing S-Petersburg, through Finland, then Sweden Norway, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, Southern France, Italy, Greece, Turkey
what the next - Africa all around and back to middle East, or directly to Arabian lands?

The bugger - visas :D (at least for me)

Oh no! I dont think I will have any problems with visas... I can even go to Nth Korea if I have lots of money, I dont think my $500 would be enough though....
Maybe we could invest in a shotgun wedding in Vegas??? ahaha that would help!

Back
Top Bottom