Update July 16, 2017
Ryan's back from Japan!
Read his blog here.
Update January 22, 2017
And the winner is...
... Ryan Noble. Ryan, we would like to congratulate you on behalf of Genki JACS and Japan Reference (JREF)!
And here are a few words from Ryan:
Japan Reference (JREF), in collaboration with Genki Japanese Language School, is proud to announce an Essay Contest on one of the following topics:
• What aspect(s) of Japanese culture intrigue(s) you the most? • Tell us about an interesting interaction you have had in Japanese or with a Japanese person. • Tell us about a situation where you learned something new or interesting about Japan or Japanese culture (perhaps through a misunderstanding of some sort).
• What aspect(s) of Japanese culture intrigue(s) you the most?
• Tell us about an interesting interaction you have had in Japanese or with a Japanese person.
• Tell us about a situation where you learned something new or interesting about Japan or Japanese culture (perhaps through a misunderstanding of some sort).
should be in English language and must be no fewer than 600 and no more than 1,200 words in length, one entry per entrant and solely your work. By submitting your entry, you agree to the publication of your essay on the Japan Reference (JREF) website.
two weeks of free classes (25 hours per week) of any Japanese Plus Course at Genki Japanese Language School!
You choose one of two locations: Fukuoka or Tokyo, as well as
one of the following Plus Courses:- Japanese Plus Conversation
• The course includes the textbook
• any level of learner accepted
• prize is valid for 1 year from selection of winner
• starts any Monday (exception: beginner students start first Monday of each month)
• extra costs: student must pay for flight to Japan, accommodation, travel expenses, living expenses
Submission and deadline:
please submit your essay to the following email address (by replacing "at" and "dot" with their respective symbols):
All entries should be submitted by December 15, 2016, 23:59:59 Japan Standard Time. We reserve the right to extend the entry deadline of the contest when deemed appropriate.
consists of five eminent members of the Japan Forum. Their decision is final and shall be announced on December 24, 2016, on the Japan Forum.
Genki Japanese Language School is an accredited and award-winning Japanese school teaching communicational study abroad courses, learning the Japanese language and culture in a relaxed and friendly environment. It is located in the center of the biggest city in South Japan, Fukuoka. Classes are small, and focused on Western students' needs.
GenkiJACS was nominated by popular vote as one of the world's star language schools (not just Japanese language school) every year from 2009 to 2016. It is one of only two Japanese language schools in the world that are accredited by IALC, the International Association of Language Centres.
GenkiJACS is the most popular Japanese language school for Western students in Western Japan!