What's new

Your Help Translating Hand Stiched Good Luck Flag

fisherman04

後輩
8 Sep 2016
Could anyone assist me in translating any of this flag. It was claimed to be a kamaikazi head band. Everything is hand stiched on this flag. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
It is not a kamikaze head band. A head band would not have two leather reinforcements in the corners, and it would likely be more oblong. Yours looks to be in the style of a typical WW2 good luck flag, but I cannot tell it if is fake or not. The various signatures have a similarity to them that is somewhat suspicious. But I really can't say with any confidence.
The vertical slogan down the side is 武運長久祈 (pray for good luck in battle). The horizontal slogan at the top is 必勝願祈 (pray for sure victory).
These are common slogans. Normally you don't see them both displayed like this, but... there are a lot of unusual things out there. The other writings on it are names.

Thanks guys. It was brought in from an estate sale and I was trying to get as much info as possible. Once again thank you so much for your help. You guys are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom