What's new

Your attitude towards the steppe nomads.

alanta

後輩
29 Sep 2002
There're many more new sub-forums now, it's good, I have registered here for several months, but I still didn't post any statement. I'm from Inner Mongolia, Mongol man of course, although Chinese have became the ethnic majority in our land now, well it's a short introduction of mine.

I want to know what is your Japanese attitude towards the steppe nomads such as Mongols, Turks or the ancient Hunnic tribes or nations such as Hsiung-nu, Attila's huns... of course the great Hunnic conquerors too, such as Chinggis Khan, Attila, Timurlane...

Best regards.
alanta

Hello Alanta,

nice to have you with us.

I Can`t tell you about Japanese attitude, but i can speak from an Italian-American wich i am.

I love and respect anyone in this world, ware we born in this big globe. We are all umans!

I am happy to meet you, and hope that you enjoy this forum.

You are the first Mongolian that i ever met. I know some hystory of you country, and since you here i will try to educate myself a little more, via this beautifull Internet. resource.

Thank you for posting and giving me the opportunity to meet you.

Peace, serenity and love,

Cathy

🙂 👍 🙂

Thank for your reply cathy.

You are welcome if you hope to visit Huhhot some day, the capital of Inner Mongolia . There're many virtual parties organized by our Mongol members of some Inner Mongolian's forums. it's very Interesting. You can listen the beautiful Mongolia songs, and drink with us of course if you like it. 👏 We hope our foreign friends also could join us like our friends In China. But most of us are ordinary students who usually have some trouble with their English, especially the oral English skills. it's a bad thing.

Oh, but now, please stay in your own country, do you hear the spread of SARS disease in Asia? Inner Mongolia has also many SARS case found, I think it can't be controlled in the near future. now Most of college students have been forbiden to leave from their schools. :sorry:

Regards
From Inner Mongolia

Thank you Alanta for your warning. Unfortunate for me, is not the the disease that stops me. Instead is my age. I can`t no longe travel as i wish.

Beside, here in The U.S.A. is not very plesent to go to airports: many gards, checkpoint and inspections, that stops people to travel anymore.

So there`s problems all over, yours is diseases, ours is, bad security management from politician manipolation.

As for your english? it looks better then mine, Since i done my studing in italy, and english was not on my agenda. To much Latin and greek and other europian language.

Cheer up. You still young, and you have the all life ahead of you.

We know were we born, but we don`t know were we die.

I hope that you have a chance to travel as i did. And meet people of different part of the world.

I wish you luck in your studies.

Stick around here. You will find many students like you from different part of our world.

peace and health be with you.

Cathy

By the way, what time is at your place?

Here in Florida is, 11:15 pm

:) 😄

Oh, I see, How long you have been living in the U.S. ? In China, There're so many students who dreams to study or work in America, But it's not a easy thing. less people can have the opportunity.

And It's Beijin time in Inner Mongolia. Now 12:25

Regards 😄

Konnichiwa Alanta-san!
Welcome and Hajimemashite! Yoroshiku ne.🙂

I want to know what is your Japanese attitude towards the steppe nomads such as Mongols, Turks or the ancient Hunnic tribes or nations such as Hsiung-nu, Attila's huns... of course the great Hunnic conquerors too, such as Chinggis Khan, Attila, Timurlane...

I associate the steppe nomads with Mongol, Mongol wiht Chinggis Khan, Chinggis Khan with Kublai Khan, Kublai Khan with the Mongolian(Kublai's) Invasions to Japan.:D

But now, the Japanese associate Mongol wiht Asashoryu! Asashoryu is the Grand champion of Sumo wrestling in Japan and he is a Mongolian. His real name is Dolgorsuren Dagvadorj.🙂

NANGI

"I associate the steppe nomads with Mongol, Mongol wiht Chinggis Khan, Chinggis Khan with Kublai Khan, Kublai Khan with the Mongolian(Kublai's) Invasions to Japan."

Hehe... Mongol's cavalvy can't work on the sea :)

hieverybody

hi alanta... aaltunn from asia minor...
it's nice to meet some from lands of mogul. :LOL:
well we;turkish people mostly use bicycles now instead of horses.(i see horses at tv mostly that's all.) 😌
we turkish people love-hate-love cengiz han and timurlenk.it is something like oedipus complex or something else?? :?
they say that cengiz han never let architects be killed...and protected them.
and let his men collect special job owners(carpenters,blacksmithes,...engineers) all over the newly owned territories and send them to main mogulland.

the secret history of moguls(book bychinese) tells that cengiz han fiercely afraid of dogs at childhood.
every year mogul soldiers collects all kinds of fierce and dangerous animals...so numerous herd like a swarm...and only an arrow for each mogul soldier...the ones who miss to catch an animal wil be a loser of course.. .

Welcome to the board!! :)

I'm pretty new too, hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Mongolia is unfortunately a backward country now. Their culture keeps them united, but the government is completely corrupt, in my humble opinion. Whenever you hear the word Mongol nowadays, everyone will think of Genghis Khan, or Timurlame, or Kublai Khan. But nobody, or a regular person will not know anything about Mongolia's latter history - the Chinese and Russian occupations, and its basically backward economy today.

I have really never met a Mongol before, and I think much of their culture and heritage. Too bad that I don't know much about it, but I have the internet. I really think that, though I am an ultra-conservative, Mongolia needs a liberal party in power, which will basically attempt to make the country more industrial, limit authoritarianism, and basically lessen ties with China. You were under communist rule from 1923 until 1991, you don't need the communist party in power any longer.

But you're from Inner Mongolia, right? Yes, well, unfortunately, many Mongol lands are Chinese now, thanks to years of Mongolia being un-united.

I do think that Mongolia has hope though. They need to become a little more industrial, and perhaps if they modernise, they can be more active in world affairs.

Only the future knows, I suppose.

aaltunn said:
hi alanta... aaltunn from asia minor...
it's nice to meet some from lands of mogul. :LOL:
well we;turkish people mostly use bicycles now instead of horses.(i see horses at tv mostly that's all.) 😌
we turkish people love-hate-love cengiz han and timurlenk.it is something like oedipus complex or something else?? :?
they say that cengiz han never let architects be killed...and protected them.
and let his men collect special job owners(carpenters,blacksmithes,...engineers) all over the newly owned territories and send them to main mogulland.

the secret history of moguls(book bychinese) tells that cengiz han fiercely afraid of dogs at childhood.
every year mogul soldiers collects all kinds of fierce and dangerous animals...so numerous herd like a swarm...and only an arrow for each mogul soldier...the ones who miss to catch an animal wil be a loser of course.. .

The relationship between Mongol and Turk nomads was very complex in fact, especially in ancient time. Several main tribes in Mongol steppe such as Kerait, Nayman etc, unquestionedly, had the turkic origins. perhaps it's why the greater part of Mongol troops in the west battlefield actually were the Turks but not Mongols themselves. And, after Mongol conquest in central asian Turkistan, in fact there were also many Turks who followed Mongol Khans back to Mongolia as the soldiers, In the consequent history, those Turk soldiers even formed a strong tribe named Kharchin, who probably had a Khypchakh origin or/and Khorosane Kharachay (a Turkomen tribe) origin... and I'm just from this tribe in fact, so i'm very nice to talk with Turk friends. 🙂

Hiroshi66 said:
Welcome to the board!! :)

I'm pretty new too, hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Thanks, I have registered as the member of J.forum for one years. although I only have several posts here, I often read other members' discussions. I like to know the different opinions of the people from the different cultures.

Hiroshi66 said:
Mongolia is unfortunately a backward country now. Their culture keeps them united, but the government is completely corrupt, in my humble opinion. Whenever you hear the word Mongol nowadays, everyone will think of Genghis Khan, or Timurlame, or Kublai Khan. But nobody, or a regular person will not know anything about Mongolia's latter history - the Chinese and Russian occupations, and its basically backward economy today.

I have really never met a Mongol before, and I think much of their culture and heritage. Too bad that I don't know much about it, but I have the internet. I really think that, though I am an ultra-conservative, Mongolia needs a liberal party in power, which will basically attempt to make the country more industrial, limit authoritarianism, and basically lessen ties with China. You were under communist rule from 1923 until 1991, you don't need the communist party in power any longer.

An Inner Mongolian students who study in Japan, ever said that: He tried to rent a room to live in, but the owners of the house were not very pleased to rent their house to a people from China, it made his situation very bad at that time, but when the owners knew incidentally that he was from Inner Mongolia and wasn't Chinese but Mongolian, they begun to like to rent their house to him and gave him many help latter... thus, this guy told his friends that it seems Japanese have a more friendly attitude towards Mongols rather than other asian groups, but what did make so? the possible ethnic link between two nations? the similar explanation for Korean attitude towards Mongols seems to be reasonable, because Many Koreans believed that their ancesters came from Mongolia many thousand year ago and they think Mongols as their ethnic relatives. but to Japanese, such an explanation probably isn't suitable anyway. many think the reason is that Japanese perhaps have a sympathy towards today's Mongolians rather than something else, just like what Hiroshi stated above that Mongols have a very glorious history but today Mongolia is very week nation with a bad economy, in spite of a larger Mongolian territory is Chinese and Russian ocuppied at present...

As a Mongolian, I think it's a hard thing for myself to consider and discuss, Perhaps I will give my own statement on our own dramastic history latter...

Hiroshi66 said:
But you're from Inner Mongolia, right? Yes, well, unfortunately, many Mongol lands are Chinese now, thanks to years of Mongolia being un-united.

I do think that Mongolia has hope though. They need to become a little more industrial, and perhaps if they modernise, they can be more active in world affairs.

Only the future knows, I suppose.

Sure, I'm Inner Mongolian... and thank for your words, yes, Mongolia has its own hope in the future anyway, while Inner Mongolia seems to be really hopeless. hehe...

alanta hi,

I am Turkish - Oguz clan Bozok branch Tecirli Turkmen Family - from Turkiye capital Ankara.

despite all those complications that you have mentioned there is one thing for sure, which is that we are the closest relatives ;)

as for the situation that you say hopeless.. I would say it is time to remember who we are then you'll see that as long as we are alive we have more than hope.

gokce said:
alanta hi,

I am Turkish - Oguz clan Bozok branch Tecirli Turkmen Family - from Turkiye capital Ankara.

despite all those complications that you have mentioned there is one thing for sure, which is that we are the closest relatives ;)

as for the situation that you say hopeless.. I would say it is time to remember who we are then you'll see that as long as we are alive we have more than hope.

merhabe gokce... hi every body....
well so you talk about close relatives then see (www.forum.uz/) how our uzbek friends kick *** there...

do a god job and visit asia minor...

ayran and tea .......wonderful

ne mutlu turkum diye(bile)ne...
peace at home peace at world... 🎈

gokce said:
merhaba

are you a member of that forum?
I'll check the page now.

so sorry...i'm a bit late ... i just used to register the site but i havent involved any discussion yet.well its a bit weird as uzbeks hates a lot turks from turkey (well our businessmen screwed up everything there as well as other turkic lands by 'brothership')...
our dump pan-turkist turkish boys and uzbeks who rejects being turkic just wrestle there.....
its lovely as you figure out the uzbek texts...well i wonder how can i learn uzbek completely ...
look at tillar sahifası... they made up a turkche konusanlar bolumu....
bye.... 🙂

I see.. I read some of the posts there. Although it is really sad to see Uzbek Turks talking like that I think you are ommiting some very important points.

First of all, we have to remember that people like that exist everywhere. Prime Minister of KKTC cannot say "I'm Turkish" even when he is asked the question "Are you Turkish?". (I know, I watched him... But he prefers to say I am a "world citizen", whatever that can mean.) I mean there are people like that everywhere; in Cyprus, in Azerbaijan, in Turkiye... Therefore we should note that we cannot attribute the behavior of the posters there to all Uzbek Turks.

Secondly, we should not forget that they are not talking like that only due to our unsuccessful policies or unsuccessful businessmen, however we should remember that they are under a strong Russian propaganda. It was Russia in the first place to introduce a seperate national feeling to Central Asian Turks, in a way to weaken them by weakaning Turkish identity.

Russian propaganda in Central Asia has not simply ended after the founding of Turkish States, however it still continues to effect Turks in that geography, by secretly imposing them a seperatist national identity from us, from the strongest Turkish State in the world.

Therefore you should worry more about Russian propoganda than the Pan-Turkist propaganda on that board. Because Russia won't give up on Turkish lands that simple, and the real dangerous one is therefore Russian propaganda. (Although I didn't notice any Pan-Turkist idea posted there, I've seen people labeling Turks simply as "Pan-Turkist" just because they approached Uzbek Turks as "our Turkish brothers".)

alanta said:
I'm from Inner Mongolia, Mongol man of course, although Chinese have became the ethnic majority in our land now, well it's a short introduction of mine.

As for Inner Mongolia, I once saw a documentary on a Japanese scientist working there to prevent the rapid spread of desert conditions by planting trees and plants.

I don't think the average japanese person knows much about the steppe nomads other than that their Sumo Champion is from Mongolia and that Genghis Khan tried to invade Japan twice and failed.

Golgo_13 said:
As for Inner Mongolia, I once saw a documentary on a Japanese scientist working there to prevent the rapid spread of desert conditions by planting trees and plants.

I don't think the average japanese person knows much about the steppe nomads other than that their Sumo Champion is from Mongolia and that Genghis Khan tried to invade Japan twice and failed.

AVERAGE japanese ....(AVERAGE :so meaningful word)
well i guess we can even find average japanese dump all about a-bomb ...
ave japanese knows much all about brand bags + pop stuff ... and napoleon,king of amazones fighting against inuits...

i was watching lonely planet...then i realised that the landscape of peasants,sheeps tossing around is from turkey.... what???? ok.turkey is not a developed country but they just mess it up....hmmmm

lonely planet also shows the mongolian deserts,people riding horses,wrestling.... all grass,horses,arrows,dust...it seems that time is stopped at mongolia..........
then i read an article about the street kids from the capital of mongolia...i was shocked with the photos...lately fashioned kids (mostly hip hop style) buzzing around...late-soviet city full of unemployed people...well where all those horses,archers and wrestlers gone.....????(atlas(mag from turkey))

the concrete prejudicement of the images directing people.....so all japanese are sumo wrestlers,ninja-samurai stuff .......mongolian armies still existing.....turkish people eating kebab-drinking tea and wrestle all the time...

once i read a book about the political exiles to the eu countries...from all asia...one of them from japan telling stories about right-left wing fights,and how the state supports the right-wing(er)s (we can add the homeless people,non-labor workers under press of illegal trade)...etc

of course no one believed her ... she was not accepted as an exiled political person...because japan is a developed country...

well sorry for messing up the main topic...
byeeee..................

mad pierrot said:
I'm not sure what your point was.... but I think Golgo has it right.

both you and golgo ...right all about....
the total data about mongolia is so limited.thats right.i just tried to mentione that new generation of japanese are so pop.pop culture just simply ignores additional intellectual data(most top-models at my country cant name our prime minister and president...)
all other images of the later countries are also limited...the dominant cultures' countries may be counted as exceptions...(the dominat culture flows thru the media easily...)

i just tried to mean that the İMAGE of a country(japan/turkey/mongolia/spain... etc) may be so hollow and false:

reporters from europe just shoot mosques and traditional look-like people at istanbul ...etc (they FORM the image of turkey.....for e.g.) they dont care about the reality.they form up a weird reality.what should the target mass should be seen...

anything about you know may be false or half of the true...

how much the told LİE is extremely unbelievable.... it will be that much excited and glorious .... said the nazi propaganda chief goebbels
(i just couldn't translate it ............ eeeeeeeeeeeeee)

aaltunn said:
both you and golgo ...right all about....
the total data about mongolia is so limited.thats right.i just tried to mentione that new generation of japanese are so pop.pop culture just simply ignores additional intellectual data(most top-models at my country cant name our prime minister and president...)
all other images of the later countries are also limited...the dominant cultures' countries may be counted as exceptions...(the dominat culture flows thru the media easily...)

i just tried to mean that the İMAGE of a country(japan/turkey/mongolia/spain... etc) may be so hollow and false:

reporters from europe just shoot mosques and traditional look-like people at istanbul ...etc (they FORM the image of turkey.....for e.g.) they dont care about the reality.they form up a weird reality.what should the target mass should be seen...

anything about you know may be false or half of the true...

how much the told LİE is extremely unbelievable.... it will be that much excited and glorious .... said the nazi propaganda chief goebbels
(i just couldn't translate it ............ eeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I have no idea what your point was.... but I think Mad Pierrot has it right.

I have no idea what your point was.... but I think Mad Pierrot has it right.

but Mad Pierrot hasn't said anything except for pointing that you are right Golgo. Right?

anyways I also have difficult times in following aaltun's plot of messages. But I guess I can basically understand his point on documentary films and programmes like Lonely Planet.

Well it is a standard now days, that people only learn MAIN factors of history, and mostly about their immediate area.. People select what we should learn in schools and it is not fair. A good example is I went to school and never learned about indept of other countries, hell I didn't even learn about 3 Mile Island, or Chernobyl until my senior year, because a friend online asked me about it, and I was like what? So really, most of the time, people dont even know indepth about anything unless they want to, and it is sad...

I hate how I am one of the people included in the category of only knowing that Ghengis Kan was a Mongolian, and the Sumo Champ is a Mongolian. And even after that I don't know indepth about Ghengis Kan. AHHH Time to go study some history. :)

hi everybody...
well... yes its completely true that i screw up... my language capacity is not enough to explain what i think really....
so sorry for misunderstandings...
i just tried to mean that what we'd learned about others' cultures via media may be so wrong... 😌

well now mongolian generals' names are used at turkish rap-groups... so nice
for e.g. ogeday (oge dai )...
just try the others ... karakan(black blood) :)

dersu uzala
by the way great thanks for the great man : Akira Kurosawa ...... one of his last movies will be at the tv this night...

byeeeeeee

Back
Top Bottom