What's new

Yoshiki

Twisted

That man in the corner
15 Mar 2002
Big news!!
I just read the new Steve McClure column in the Japan Times and it said that the former drummer/pianist of the legendary rockband X-Japan is to join Tetsuya Komuro's danceoutfit Globe:

http://www.japantimes.com/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?fm20020904sm.htm

I'm very curious what the musical result of this new Globe will be.
They've worked together in the early 90's in a project called V2, which was basicly X-Japan with synthesizers.

em... may i know the lastest news about Yoshiki, previously from X Japan? i heard dat he's in globe now. but i also heard dat he's only involved in production now. i went to his official site, but it haven't been updated for a long time since 2002. i really hope to know the truth very much. :?

I think he only composes and produces for globe. I haven't seen him in any magazines or anything since Fool's Mate last December. No releases since late last year(Violet UK, globe, DAHLIA)... I think he's been pretty dormant this year.

Last time I saw him was at PMX. Havent been able to talk to him or any of his people in months though.

Winter said:
Last time I saw him was at PMX. Havent been able to talk to him or any of his people in months though.
...AND NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE AT EXTASY RECORDS!!

I think it's actually just a phone sitting in an alley somewhere in LA, which is why there's never any answer ^^
Of course, I only called twice out of curiousity then I went and lost the number.

Lydia

Illaparatzo-sama said:
...AND NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE AT EXTASY RECORDS!!

I think it's actually just a phone sitting in an alley somewhere in LA, which is why there's never any answer ^^
Of course, I only called twice out of curiousity then I went and lost the number.

Lydia

It depends on what number you call. They have two american lines, and one Japanese line.

Last time I called them was at about 12:30 in the morning and they were working with someone in their studio. Try calling at odd hours.

Well, the album does feature some songs that can be instantly recognized as typical Yoshiki-arrangements. I personally love "See the Light", which was the single preceding the album. However, it remains a Globe album, which basicly means cheap dance-music and weak vocals.

You might also want to check out V2, which was a collaboration between Yoshiki and Globe frontman Tetsuya Komuro. They released an album in the early 1990's, which actually sounded like X-Japan with synths.

Hmm... according to my Japanese penpal, Yoshiki is still in globe but he's been spending a lot of time in America...

Good question though. I do wonder what he's been doing lately.

If you can, check out the GLOBE piano collection, with a whole bunch of piano versions by Kumuro Tetsuya. I love listening to it. Yoshiki has great piano skills too. I wish I could hear some of it.

Keiichi

😊

Keiichi said:
If you can, check out the GLOBE piano collection, with a whole bunch of piano versions by Kumuro Tetsuya. I love listening to it. Yoshiki has great piano skills too. I wish I could hear some of it.

Keiichi

😊

other den Kumuro Tetsuya's, does it contains Yoshiki's works?

Producing I guess. All that bands of Extasy Records... have read somewhere there's a new band now they've signed?! I am not sure, could have been an old message. It's just sad that the DVD "Symphonic Concert 2002" and Eternal Melody II aren't going to be published.
:(

Anyway I don't believe he's doing nothing at all. He's kinda workaholic - at least that's the impression I got. Seen the TV report about him 2002/2003 in L.A.?!
He said he's hardly at home, he's mostly in the studio. So he might be producing and managing someone else... :eek:

i think he is busy with The TRAX now. or maybe he's handling some other works too?? but i hope dat he'll produce his own work again ne.

I'd want to download some archive by Yoshiki after Xjapan ex : violet UK or Seize the light ...but I cant find anywhere. Can anybody help me?

Back
Top Bottom