What's new

YAOI ... Anime & Manga ...

Akaikiri

後輩
7 Aug 2003
Hi ... 😊

I am just wondering what people in this forum think about 'YAOI' anime & mangas ... *wonders about the sort of responses*

:)

I guess I've always been into reading the shounen-ai/Yaoi manga...because it's really not like it's a horrible crime or anything...and I personally think a lot of the best mangas are yaoi or shounen-ai...plus I'm not overly fond of the "anime" sterotype of girls in there...you know the bubbly, airheaded, and annoying...
I love Gravitation...it's really good!
Pretty much I read a manga for the manga aspect...I'm not going to pick it apart or be like "oh my god...that's just wrong" I'll read it because it looks interesting, or if I'm a fan of the artist or group who drew it...
Yaoi manga's not that much different from non-yaoi manga

Yaoi is male x male romance. I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know shonen- ai is boy love....but that's it.

OK so yaoi is boy on boy thing or girl on girl thing no offence to gay guys because they have good sense of style and that will help me when im famous lol but i think its kinda gross but god gave us free will do want you peeps thats why i love America

yes girl on girl is Yuri...Yaoi is guy/guy or girl/girl....its the guy term for a same sex relationship in manga. Most are really sweet I agree..
X-Japan-Fangirl have you ever read "Banana Fish" ?

Yaoi anime and mangs rock! ^ ^ Gravitation has got to be one os the best that I've read so far. Anyone know any other really good ones?

Originally posted by KlahaXGackt
yes girl on girl is Yuri...Yaoi is guy/guy or girl/girl....its the guy term for a same sex relationship in manga. Most are really sweet I agree..
X-Japan-Fangirl have you ever read "Banana Fish" ?

hmm no :sorry: is it any good? where can i get it?

It's really good...I bought volume 1-7 at Borders I don't know if you have one around where you are...but I would think Barnes&Noble, and Amazon.com would have them as well. They were published by Pulp which is owned by Viz communications...so they shouldn't be all that hard to find.

I was into "Banana Fish" before I knew Gackt was into it, and when I found out he was into it...that made it that much cooler. I guess the song "Asrun Dream" is about the relationship between Ash and Eiji in the manga....or so that I've heard and read, and reading the lyrics kind of hints at it too...

I like your new Avatar X-J-F

Speaking of Gackt...does anyone recall how tall he is....? I've probably seen it somewhere before but now I can't remember

I heard he's goin out with some chick 😭 what was her name again? WHY GACKT WHY WE WERE POSSED TO GET MARRIED! ahem now that I siound like a stalker I will shut the **** up now

It's really good...I bought volume 1-7 at Borders I don't know if you have one around where you are...but I would think Barnes&Noble, and Amazon.com would have them as well. They were published by Pulp which is owned by Viz communications...so they shouldn't be all that hard to find.

I was into "Banana Fish" before I knew Gackt was into it, and when I found out he was into it...that made it that much cooler. I guess the song "Asrun Dream" is about the relationship between Ash and Eiji in the manga....or so that I've heard and read, and reading the lyrics kind of hints at it too...

I like your new Avatar X-J-F

🙂 ty

lol i will check it out

No...I'm pretty sure someone else thinks I'm Gackt's stalker... I think if I remember right I said and I quote: "I'm a girl FYI, and of course I'd love to kiss Gackt...after I kidnap him, put him in the trunk of my car, and then make him marry me...even if it has to be at gunpoint... *looks at Avatar and smiles" see it's fitting..." is it just me...or does Gackt have a thing for guns?

No problem...I hope you do check it out...I don't think you'd be disappointed

Ohohoho! ... Glad to know other yaoi fans! ... 😄

I have read Gravitation ... but I still prefer Yami no Matsuei ... Muraki X Tsuzuki ... but the Number One Yaoi Pairing is from Slam Dunk - Rukawa X Hanamichi ...

Is Yami no Matsuei good? I've heard pretty much nothing about it....I always thought that the character designs looked amazing!

Yami no Matsuei is great. I love Tsuzuki-san. But it's not yaoi or shounen-ai. It's shoujo. The character design is stunning. But I'm biased because it has a great seiyuu cast.

My favorite shounen-ai manga-ka are Asagiri Yu, Eiki Eiki, and Tohjoh Asami. I have every manga/doujinshi that they write. It really has nothing to do with the sex scenes, but rather the story plot (yes, there is a plot in these) and the relationships. Oh, and of course, the character designs have to be to my liking. I have tried reading others but don't really care for the stories/plots.

Miki-san

Hmmm 窶ヲ Miki-san is correct to say that Yami no Matsuei is published as shoujo manga. However Matsushita Youko has portrayed the diabolical Muraki as 窶ヲ having had his way with Hisoka 窶ヲ as well as being obsessed with Tsuzuki 窶ヲ 😌 窶ヲ in words as well as in his action.

However there is a (perhaps increasing) number of shoujo mangakas who add a yaoi flavour to their works.

My favourite yaoi artists are 窶ヲ Kai Nanase 窶ヲ Ayano Yamane 窶ヲ Kazuho Kaguyama 窶ヲ for engaging story lines plus great looking characters.

Is Yami no Matsuei good? I've heard pretty much nothing about it....I always thought that the character designs looked amazing!

ooo freak-a i just started to d/l this like last night watched some today it is really good even though its not really my type lol i liked it:D

Back
Top Bottom