What's new

ya know what's weird?

jeisan

Kongming
24 Feb 2003
when im checking my email and browsing the forum, and my email page tries to open a new window what pops up is a one of the banners from this site. is this just my crappy computer or some new form of aggressing advertising :p

Yeah, Ad-aware will certainly solve your problem.
I used to have the same problem a while back. You've obviously got some spyware installed on your system.

@ erik:
nah i think its the computer. besides i dunno if that proggie will work as im on win 95. why? because the original hardrive in it crashed. so, for the time being, we put one in from my roomate's old computer, a '96 packard bell :rolleyes:

@ twisted:
im not too worried about it since there really isnt anything on this huge 430mb hardrive and ill be getting rid of it soon enough anyway.

thanks for the info guys.

Originally posted by jeisan
@ erik:
nah i think its the computer. besides i dunno if that proggie will work as im on win 95. why? because the original hardrive in it crashed. so, for the time being, we put one in from my roomate's old computer, a '96 packard bell :rolleyes:

@ twisted:
im not too worried about it since there really isnt anything on this huge 430mb hardrive and ill be getting rid of it soon enough anyway.

thanks for the info guys.

What platforms is Ad-aware compatible with?
Ad-aware is compatible with Windowsツョ 98, 2000, NT40, XP and ME.

Yeah, according to lavasoft's site, your sol. Dude... upgrade that beast... I'm sure the japanese technology is so old in there, you can find samurai etchings in the chips...

im getting a new one built now, the guy is just taking forever to piece it together, its been nearly a month now, but i cant really complain since im gettin a brand new computer for $200. ive done alot of things to this OS its up to win97 right now. im sure the spyware is from when i downloaded regular kazaa on here before i realized how bi... err small the HD was and that mp3s would be bad for it.

im getting a new one built now, the guy is just taking forever to piece it together, its been nearly a month now, but i cant really complain since im gettin a brand new computer for $200. ive done alot of things to this OS its up to win97 right now. im sure the spyware is from when i downloaded regular kazaa on here before i realized how bi... err small the HD was and that mp3s would be bad for it.

geeze... quite delay... your using win98? Then you can use ad-aware.

Also, if your going to use stuff like kazaa, try this instead...

http://www.kazaalite.tk

Kazaa lite. No annoying ads, no spyware, and probably the best P2P program out there.

no its 95 but ive just made it more like 98 as far as how its used and all, which is why i said 97. yeah i know about kazaalite i just didnt really care, because i thought it would only be a week or so before i trashed this thing anyway.

oh and something new i just discovered, if i go to new posts and then someone posts before i click any link, when i do finally click on a thread it will cause my ie to ill op. what fun my ancient HD is :p

oh and something new i just discovered, if i go to new posts and then someone posts before i click any link, when i do finally click on a thread it will cause my ie to ill op. what fun my ancient HD is :p

if it gets out of hand, you can try a different browser like netscape or opera...

Back
Top Bottom