What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

WWII military flag

whipper41

Registered
Reaction score
Just read an interesting post about flags with the reference that flags signed by Yamashita et al are unusual.
My uncle was his guard in the Philippines before his execution. He gave my uncle a flag and a brass candle stick holder while he was in prison awaiting his fate. Any value?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Just read an interesting post about flags with the reference that flags signed by Yamashita et al are unusual.
My uncle was his guard in the Philippines before his execution. He gave my uncle a flag and a brass candle stick holder while he was in prison awaiting his fate. Any value?

Yamashita who?

We're not collectors or appraisers here, by the way. We just tend to get asked to translate flags a lot and or appraisals tend to end at offering opinions on whether something is an obvious fake or not.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Tomoyuki Yamashita , Japanese general know as "The Tiger of Malaya" & "The Beast of Bataan" executed in Manila.

whipper41

Registered
Reaction score
Yamashita who?

We're not collectors or appraisers here, by the way. We just tend to get asked to translate flags a lot and or appraisals tend to end at offering opinions on whether something is an obvious fake or not.
General Yamashita known as the Tiger of Malya. Can you recommend an appraiser?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
General Yamashita known as the Tiger of Malya. Can you recommend an appraiser?

I wouldn't have a clue about appraisers.

You can post some photos of the items here if you like.

Top Bottom