What's new

Help WW2 era bracelet? help with translation please

Dante3838

Registered
7 Nov 2018
Hello! I received this item along with few other items from a vet bring back (supposedly).
Can anyone shed some insight into it? Many thanks!
image1d.jpeg

not sure what they are, but the characters are 艤 (which refers to the outfitting of a ship) and 具 (which means tool by itself but context can change the meaning, so it could also refer to something else like weaponry).

It looks like this bracelet is made of some kind of medallions meant to mark cargo of some kind, but I'm not a history buff so this is just an uninformed guess.

not sure what they are, but the characters are 艤 (which refers to the outfitting of a ship) and 具 (which means tool by itself but context can change the meaning, so it could also refer to something else like weaponry).

It looks like this bracelet is made of some kind of medallions meant to mark cargo of some kind, but I'm not a history buff so this is just an uninformed guess.

Hmmm, this is interesting. I wonder if they were some sort of parcel or container ID tags that were collected and fashioned into a keepsake bracelet. A bored sailor perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom