What's new

Wouter's posts why take them off?

blade

先輩
22 Jun 2003
I've noticed that after everytime Wouter posts something, and gets a few replies adim takes them off, why is that?

Because he requested them to be deleted. :? Although I understood that removing threads with multiple participants was against policy, which would make the case here a very sensitive circumstance....

Was it because everyone was slaggin' on him? To hell with them, I say. The boy asks for advice and heaven forbid we all can't just say something meaningful. I hope he's doing better.

Ant

I agree I already told one person to back off. I think it's really unfair if other members are going to slag him off when he is asking for us to sympathise with him and give hime advice about his situation. I mean it's the reason we created these forums in the first place!

@ wouter

we are (most of us) are right behind you man! I know that myself, satori and brooker really mean that. Don't worry it's all going to be good and happy in the end!

I sympathize with him and wish him all the best....but when you openly ask for advice in a public forum, you have to be prepared to get what you get.

As I often tell people in real life who don't like my opinions/advice, if you don't want my answers, then don't ask me questions.

mikecash said:
I sympathize with him and wish him all the best....but when you openly ask for advice in a public forum, you have to be prepared to get what you get.

As I often tell people in real life who don't like my opinions/advice, if you don't want my answers, then don't ask me questions.

Agreed. I tried to give him advice, but a lot of the time it seemed like the guidance just bounced off him and he'd go ahead and make the situation worse.

That's why it's sometimes very frustrating to give advice. What good does it do if you tell someone what's up, they agree, and then they just go and do the opposite?

I feel for the guy, but he needs to have tougher skin sometimes and realize that these things aren't the end of the world and these things will seem trivial a few years from now when he looks back on them.

Also, like mikecash said, when you ask for advice on an open forum, you have to expect that people are sometimes going to be critical of your actions and not just blindly give support when maybe your actions are the cause of the problem.

But I wish him the best and I hope he can figure things out. Wisdom comes with time and experience.

I would strongly recommend a more balanced regimen of professional help that includes experienced psychological counselers in addition to drugs for treating depression. Certainly much more than can ever be provided in an online forum.

Tangent Alert....
I'm a firm believer that using drugs to solve mental problems just makes things much worse. A childhood friend of mine was put on drugs to deal with his A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder). It basically taught him from an early age to be a drug addict, and when he reached high school, that's just what he became.

All kinds of drugs have been used to aid mental problems in the past (including cocaine, ecstasy, etc.) and we know now that those drugs just made people worse. I think all drugs used for dealing with mental problems (such as ridalin and prozac) will eventually be proven to be detrimental as well.

I consider myself fortunate to have grown up in an era prior to the invention of A.D.D.

I don't know....I suppose it may be real enough, but it is strange that I made it through 12 years of public education without ever encountering a single individual who had it, or anyone who had even heard of it (including myself).

Ah heck, I wasn't singling people out or anything. Especially not B or Mr. Cash (sounds damned cool, right?), I just meant that sometimes an open forum turns into an open pissing match with certain views being forced when they needen't be. Mike and B have always seemed grounded in their beliefs and have, to what I can tell, always dispensed good advice.

Some things, it seems, are best not left to the panel to decide?

Ant

You got it, Ant. That's precisely the reason I keep my personal problems to myself. Other than my very obvious personal character flaw of being an opinionated jackass, that is.

Two other things:

1. The only people who have ever called me "Mr. Cash" have usually followed it with a sales pitch.

2. Every time I see your avatar I can't help but wonder if all that swaying is chafing her nipples or not.

If they ain't chafed, they're calloused to the rubbery consistency of a hot water bottle by now. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

I watch them with glee and anticipation.. I'm not quite certain what I am anticipating, but I know it's something and I just love saying "Glee and anticipation"...

they sure put me into a trance hehe :giggle: I wonder why you can look at it for some time and still don't get bored :?

All kinds of drugs have been used to aid mental problems in the past (including cocaine, ecstasy, etc.) and we know now that those drugs just made people worse. I think all drugs used for dealing with mental problems (such as ridalin and prozac) will eventually be proven to be detrimental as well.
Clearly most treatments for 'physical' illnesses are now known to have been pure quakery as well (poisoning, bleeding, leaching, freezing, heating the patient and on and on) not only making people worse but in many cases killing them. Similarly, antidepressants (Prozac, SSRIs etc) are not effective on everyone even with the most severe depression, dependant on individual symptons, personality, dosage -- but didn't Wouter mention he was having panic attacks without taking them for a few days ? I agree with the comment on leaving this part to the experts....:eek:

I think this thread should be closed

I mean c'mon now u are starting to psychologically profile Wouter.

The guy asked for the threads to be removed, that's all. Stop discussing why and how come. It's prolly a sign that he is moving on.

The little nipple dilemma thing there is makin me wonder about the consequences of such type of motion :?

Don't worry, I don't take any of the above statements as an offence.
I've asked to remove the first thread because someone found out about it and didn't like it so much.
I've asked to remove the second thread because I realised that I shouldn't bother other and unknown people with my personal problems eventhough this place is meant for it. I hope that is appropriate enough...

Back
Top Bottom