What's new

Would you like to listen to music from different cultures?

AranzA

Naughty
2 Nov 2003
I listen to English, Greek, Turkish, Latino, Arabic, African and Japanese. I wonder if any of you like to listen to different types of music? :)

Of course I do... I listen several kinds of music... Japanese is the first, but also latino, chinese, korean, philipino, greek, french...

By the way, AranzA, you listen popular music or folk music...? What kind of latino music do you listen ???

Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese/Taiwanese) / Japanese / Korean / English

I've listened to a little Thai / German before but not much.

I listen to european music (UK, Poland)
Spanish, American, Japanese,Korean,Italian, a bit of arabic, Chinese, and Mandarin. But usually I listen to Japanese and Spanish. Although Jay Chow has been playing in my CD player for the past 2 days....>_>!!

Originally posted by Meiji Lythtis

By the way, AranzA, you listen to popular music or folk music...? What kind of Latino music do you listen to???

I like Pop and Hip-Hop, check out this ^O^

http://artists.iuma.com/Genre/LA/

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mr Manji
I listen to a lot of german and Japanese music, it soo good :p I also listen to *some* Icelandic music.

I want to try German... is it cool? 👍 I don't care how the language sounds.

I usually listen japanese, but little bit korean, chinese and american music too. and of course, finnish music :p

Originally posted by silver angel
I listen to european music (UK, Poland)
Spanish, American, Japanese,Korean,Italian, a bit of arabic, Chinese, and Mandarin. But usually I listen to Japanese and Spanish. Although Jay Chow has been playing in my CD player for the past 2 days....>_>!!

I am suprised that you actually listen to Chinese music

American...yeah I'm american but it's rare for me to be into American music. I listen to some German, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, British...pretty much you give me something to listen to and well I'm willing to give it a try

Originally posted by silver angel
@ Dream Time:) I enjoy listening to new things. *_* I find Chinese music very enjoyable to listen to.

I like Jacky Cheung (not Jackie Chan)

Jay Chow..I think he is more of a composer than a singer,
I don't quite like him,his words are not clear, (but I don't understand Mandarin anyways).

Ahh Synchronicity

it is so nice to find people that appreciate music of other culture, folk and modern. i am always looking for good, new bands but unfortunately suffer a severe case of underexposure and only listen to what little international music permeates the p2p databases. i have not found much new Jpop and only have a little, but have been looking harder and harder for that and German techno. feel free to contact me with new, unique sounds.😄 << jammin

I'd love to listen to music from other places, other than Japan too, but I don't really know any other bands ^^;

@ arazna
German music is great (imo). once you get past the language barrier you can really appreciate the music. if you like techno i'd recommend "E Nomine" and if you like "industrial" music (its like a blend of metal/hard rock and techno) i suggest you try "Rammstein" and "Megaherz", they are both very good bands. but ya, more to the point german music is really cool :p lol

I love techno especially from germany. Rammstein is awesome. I also listen to russian, polish, indian, spanish, and japanese.

Could someone please tell me about some good Chinese artists?? I'd really like to hear some but I don't know where to start. )=

Yes, i started listening diferent kinds of music since the Napster apeared, for instance Alien Soap Opera was an amazing finding on mp3.com.
I listen usualy non comercial music, mostly independent and free, my favourite is electro funk.
Arabian grooves are amazing too, as also the japanese sounds, but they'r hard to get or i'v no lucky yet.
Music made by the love and not by the money ;) i do my own stuff too even not beeing a musician.

http://www.muziq.net/showpage.php?page=album.php?artistid=138&albid=313

I recommend you to listen to : Didi Remix (Khaled), Amarain (Amr Diab) and Aisha (Cheb Khaled) ,, I love these songs ^0^

Enjoy!:D :D :D

I love music that changes the way we think, the way we treat people who we
care about. music is power, art, culture. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/1487

Originally posted by Carolgirl00
Could someone please tell me about some good Chinese artists?? I'd really like to hear some but I don't know where to start. )=

pop singers:
Jacky Cheung
Faye Wong

rock band:
Beyond

Jacky Cheung is my favourite pop singer all the time,so skillful so tasteful,
Beyond is my favourite Chinese rock band,
those two are must listen for anyone who listens to Chinese music.

there are some VERY GOOD singers from mainland China and Taiwan,
but unfortunately I have not paid too much attention to those artists

by the way,don't listen to idol Pop,
the Hong Kong mainstream music scene is dead,none of the new idol singers knows how to sing,and very bad songwriting.

Back
Top Bottom