What's new

World Cup on Japanese Tv....

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Okay, here is the thing, I am a Huge soccer fan, and especialy when a World cup, or European Cup is on. Here in the Netherlands they show show every match on tv, or have after talks.

Now, I can see the first 2 matches of my country, but after that I am moving to japan * MUHAHAHAHAHA, I am going to Japan Yatta* but how are they going to show the World cup? will they only show Japan it's matches, or also the quater finals, and the final?

and how about sport cafe's. I will be living in Kobe/Osaka... just under Mt. Roko probably, how romantic it is...

SO yeah, if anyone knows some more about how to watch my country on the world cup , on Japanese tv or something. Tell me, and all the other soccer fans who will be in Japan at that time.🙂

Well, the last world cup was IN Japan (half, anyway) and they did a pretty good job of showing them, although I dare say not all of them (I don't remember... besides, I'm American... we don't even know the rules). When it gets down to the final 16, they will likely show all the matches on NHK and/or BS in HD. I'm really not so sure before that. Japan is not known for their variety of TV broadcasts.

I don't think there were any matches from the 1998 World Cup that weren't screened. And certainly all the 2002 games were shown - several times in fact on SkyperfecTV.

Get Skyperfect anyway and stay away from Japanese terrestrial television - it's a steady diet of tripe.

--

mr.sumo.snr said:
Get Skyperfect anyway and stay away from Japanese terrestrial television - it's a steady diet of tripe.
--

Satelite? box?.. what is Skyperfect?

mr.sumo.snr said:
I don't think there were any matches from the 1998 World Cup that weren't screened. And certainly all the 2002 games were shown - several times in fact on SkyperfecTV.
--
I vouch for this, when i was in japan i yearned for even cable, on the chance something better is on, 12 terrestrial channels and its all s***. ☝
Well, i guess i learned to like the odd programme where they werent talknig about japan or food, which was pretty darn rare.
Most programmes about foreign countries were about foreign food. 😌

If there was a way ide just get british sky telly installed in a Japanese TV, british telly for the win. 😍

Back
Top Bottom