What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Working visa Question

JoRuDeNnA

~*ガゼット*~
Reaction score
Hello everybody!!!
Wow it's been ages! I can't believe I started in this forum so long time ago, hoping to visit Japan and now after what? like 7 years finally I'm in process of fulfilling my dreams :)
Ok anyway after my short and tacky introduction I have some questions regarding the working visa application.
So I've been in Japan for 2 months and some days. I had a hard time here because I came risking it all to find a working opportunity in Tokyo and just a week before I had to go back home I recieved a job offer at an international Kinder garden with a working visa sponsorship.
So I almost have all the documents required from immigration, the company is missing two more documents I will receive during this week and then I will submit my application.
The thing is that I will sign a contract for 2 years starting on January 6th 2014 so I was wondering if I can go back to Mexico after applying for my working visa. I want to spend a couple of weeks with my family before moving definetly to Tokyo but I'm not sure if I can leave the country during the process. Right now I'm on a tourist visa.
I know I should ask immigration and I will but I'm searching for airplane tickets so I was hoping someone can give me some info about this and that maybe I can buy the plane ticket right away. (the price right now is cheaper lol that would help me save a lot of money 😌)
Thank you for your help!!!!

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
Not sure if you risk losing the visa if you leave but I can tell you that you will have about 2 weeks to get down to immigration and claim it after it is issued.

JoRuDeNnA

~*ガゼット*~
Reaction score
Not sure if you risk losing the visa if you leave but I can tell you that you will have about 2 weeks to get down to immigration and claim it after it is issued.

Ok I see, thank you so much for the info :)

Top Bottom