What's new

Working in Japan- BEWARE

casarin

Registered
17 Mar 2005
BEWARE.. NEVER accept a position with AMERICAN CHATTER BOX in fukuoka, kyushu island, japan. the owners of this school, REIKO AND MITSU SHIMODA, owe me about AUD 1000 and reiko made my life hell for the 2 months or so i worked there. i have since learned that they have ripped off heaps of other teachers and treated them like crap.please don't be stupid like i was!

aww yes, Dodgy small Eikaiwas.
The big companies (NOVA, GEO et al) may be horrible, but they are a known horrible.

The small companies are just terrible.

Sorry man, is there any way you can go about getting that cash back?

The whole eikaiwa industry is based on scamming students and fleecing them like sheep. Why anyone would think they would scruple at screwing the "teachers" is a mystery.

The only difference between coming to Japan to work in an eikaiwa and running away to join the carnival is that they don't make you wear a necktie in the carnival.

The only difference between coming to Japan to work in an eikaiwa and running away to join the carnival is that they don't make you wear a necktie in the carnival.

:D The English clown... that's my job! Don't look now, but I think my Kocho Sensei is really a bearded lady.

😊

I'd say, be careful with many small English teaching companies where you don't get paid after each lesson. Be even more careful if the owner is not Japanese.

mad pierrot said:
:D The English clown... that's my job! Don't look now, but I think my Kocho Sensei is really a bearded lady.

😊

I didn't say the circus....I said the carnival. There is a degree of respectability with the circus.

I very much agree with Casarin...they employ teachers is with NO qualifications and the standard of teaching is awful. It is just a money making machine that relies on compliant Japanese parents. The discipline they used on my child was just awful. He hated going there and was so happy to leave. Awful place.

Eight year old thread revival....this may be a new record.

Back
Top Bottom