What's new

Working Holiday Visa Question

Gord

先輩
16 Apr 2004
hey guys,
uh, this is a wierd one. On my alien card and my visa, it says I'm valid for a stay until April 15, 2005. I went to the immigration beareu, and they said it will take 30 days to process (anyone planning on going to japan or anything, take care of this stuff early!) even though the visa apparently expires on the 15th. My work can't give me time off to go properly deal with this, so I went in on what little time off I did have, and they said it's not a problem. They stamped my visa with a "applied: march 28" stamp, and sent me on my way. I asked about the date and they said it wasn't important. uh. I'm wondering if I'm going to get a knock on my door on the 15th and a nice fine and a one way plane ticket to get the 😌 out of their country. Anyone have any knowledge about this? Am I ok because it's being processed or should I go to city hall tomorrow and ask the same question?

The general rule is that once any visa application is in process, then you're good to go. Even worse... you CAN'T leave. Keep your fingers crossed that you don't have a family emergency, b/c if you take off before the whole thing is done, you're coming back in as a tourist.

You're safe - didn't think about losing visa status like punch said but I guess that would pretty much be the case. I'm still considering coming round to your door on the 15th and asking for a bit of cash though

Visa being processed so no problem, if the price is right. Windy and I will be there soon ;)

Back
Top Bottom