What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Help Work in Japan as an animator and motion graphic designer

NilNavaei

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! ^_^
I'm a freelancer motion designer and 2d animator! Currently i'm living in Iran.
I'm 27 years old. I have bachelor degree of computer science but i hate it! I always love video games and animation so i went to Iran Game Development Institute and i studied Game Design. After that i worked in some mobile game companies as game designer (about two years) . I went to one of the best art schools in my country and studied Motion graphic design and 2d animation about 1 year. And now i'm a freelancer!
My dream is to work in game and anime industry ( specially game!) as animator. I'm good at English but i just know some basic things about Japanese language.
I'm fine with video editing, graphic design or motion design jobs as long as they give me work visa to work and live in Japan! I searched for jobs in gaijin or daijob but they want coworkers who are living in Japan.
By the way it's my 2018 demo reel. Feel free to watch and share your opinions with me! :)
Demo Reel

Attachments

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
Why do you want to work in Japan, where you have to learn a completely new language? Can't you get work in English-speaking countries? If you want to find work in Japan, you appear to be qualified for a visa in your field, so look at The Japan Times online for job ads, or Metropolis online classifieds, or go to CareerCross.

NilNavaei

Registered
Reaction score
Why do you want to work in Japan, where you have to learn a completely new language? Can't you get work in English-speaking countries? If you want to find work in Japan, you appear to be qualified for a visa in your field, so look at The Japan Times online for job ads, or Metropolis online classifieds, or go to CareerCross.
Thanks for reply! Since i was a child i played so many Japanese games and i watched so many anime. I'm in love with Japanese language and culture. And they are very precious game companies like nintendo and atlus and... I really love to work with them.
It might be weird but the reason i work so hard to become an animator is to work with Makoto Shinkai. He's my idol and i really want to do anything to work with him.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Admin
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to look at things backwards. If you owned a very technical business and someone from Japan came to you for a job , but spoke little to no English , would you take the time an effort to work with them. Imagine a big project with a deadline , and you have to deal with the language barrier. Now look out the door and there are 25 well qualified job hunters that do speak English , who would you hire? Off the job in Japan would also involve many difficult issues to deal with in day to day life. BUT....if you have a dream , you will overcome the problems somehow. I wish you best of luck , I loved my 2 years living in Japan.

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
Have you considered an internship visa first?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom